“Nice Courtyard and awesome location for Hangout Festival”

Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Very comfortable room and plenty of ammenities. Hotel is ideally situated to take the North shuttle for Hangout Festival. Walk out the door to the parking lot of the movie theatre. Hotel had recent makeover so it is the new style of Courtyard. Refreshing pool, Starbucks coffee and a grocery store right next door. We never used the car the whole time we were there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jo Maine

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed here for one night while on a golf trip in Alabama. This hotel has been recently redone, and the property is in fabulous shape. The guest rooms are of "big Marriott" quality. The service is terrific. We were particularly impressed with Tifany who was working the front desk when we checked in, really pleasent and helpful. I had just stayed at the W in New Orleans for the Jazz Fest and frankly this room was way nicer. You can't go wrong staying here, great room, great value.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hawksurfs
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I was there for business purposes and found this hotel to be very accommodating. We were able to have meetings in a lounge area. The front desk staff were very friendly and helped in deciding where we should eat dinner. They were very knowledgeable about the area. I unfortunately did not have the opportunity to use any of the amenities but everything looked clean and well taken care of. Beds were nice and room was clean. I will be back with my family!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lyn239
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We spent one night here on our way to the beach. I made my reservation online with Marriott. I am an Elite Member. I requested a room with a balcony on the pool side OR if that wasn't available, a low floor near an exit. My emailed confirmation reflected these requests. When we arrived, the clerk said there was no mention of those things and the only room they had left with a balcony was on the 3rd floor (4 story building) and obviously not near an exit. She had nothing resembling an apology to offer.
Before writing this review I read some of the others and I am a bit confused. Several people mentioned updated amenities, beautiful new furnishings. One review said they had just completed a multi-million dollar renovation?!?! The lobby looked like it may have been renovated recently but our room certainly didn't. The bill that was slipped under our door that night said they were proud to announce that they would be STARTING a renovation in November 2012...As I said, I am confused!
When we opened the door to the room warm muggy air that smelled like a locker room hit me. We turned the air down as low as it would go and opened the door to the balcony (which overlooked the entrance and parking lot) and it did improve a bit. There was leftover salsa and drinks from a previous guest still in the fridge. The desk and seat of the chair had what appeared to be pizza sauce and grease on them. Thankfully I ALWAYS bring my Clorox Wipes and Lysol! The vanity area was tiny and very dated with terribly dim lighting. The bathroom was also quite small and the water pressure was terrible. All of this was bad enough but the worst part was when I got in bed...The pillows smelled...old? Either that or a man who had not showered had slept on them for a couple of nights and the sheets had not been changed.
I think the bill wound up being right at $135-$140 after taxes which was much too high considering you could have got this kind of room at a lower budget chain. If we had used points it would have cost us 25,000 for one night! That is just crazy for this hotel. I suppose it may be because it is near the beach? Certainly not for the quality of the accommodations.
I have always been a Marriott fan but this place makes me question my loyalty a bit.
Usually when we are at a hotel, I am the last one in the family to be ready. This time, I was up before dawn showering ready for some fresh air! The kids and I left my husband sleeping and went out to breakfast. We didnt come back until he called saying he was ready to checkout.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Wanderlust724
Noelle H, General Manager at Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Thank you Wanderlust724 for your comments. We strive to provide exceptional service and are disappointed when we fall short. To clear up any confusion, we did just complete a $2.4 Million Dollar renovation in January 2012, which included public space, meeting room and guest rooms/corridors. I apologize for the incorrect information on the folio that was delivered under your door for express check-out. I have corrected this.
We will certainly put corrective action into place to ensure the best customer service and cleanliness standards are met and exceeded each and everytime. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property on your next visit and hope you will give us the opportunity to provide the exceptional service you should expect from Marriott.
Best Regards,
Noelle Hall
Courtyard by Marriott
Gulf Shores at Craft Farms

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Front desk staff were very nice and personable. Took care of all of my needs. Pool was great. Workout room had nice treadmills with tvs and Ipod connections and weights were available. Cafe and starbucks. What more could you want. Room was very modern, clean and bed was super comfortable. Near everything! Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: They do have rooms with balconies, but I did not choose one.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RNHH
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Really loved the location of this Courtyard by Marriott. I knew it was Spring Break time, so I wanted some place close to the beach, but not on the beach. The facilities were beautiful! The staff stated that they just recently had a big renovation, and it showed. Rooms were really nice and about what I expected from a Marriott hotel. Literally walked around the corner to the Publix store to get things. Also visited the Tanger Outlet mall just down the road several times. Staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. Staff even gave outstanding advice on best places to eat in the area. My wife and I will come here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kingman431
Reviewed February 27, 2012

A nice Courtyard by the Gulf and famous LuLu's Bar! Stayed during Madre' Gras and was very crowded but mostly quiet except for the police dogs barking in the room next to me! "They had a K9 convention nearby" Close to outlet shopping and the famous Lamberts "Throwed Rolls" .Free popcorn in the lobby when you check in too! Updated rooms and flat screen TVs.

Room Tip: Stay Away from Ice maker area and elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Gulf Shores
#1 of 25 in Gulf Shores
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gulf Shores
Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach

Been to Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms? Share your experiences!