“Great place to stay in Gulf Shores”

Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great place to stay in Gulf Shores”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

This hotel has recently undergone a multi-million dollar refurbishment and it shows. Fantastic room decor with large vanity area and storage space in bathrooms, new HD TVs and comfortable beds in bedrooms. Everything is new and of high quality. Lobby now has a Bistro that serves breakfast and dinner. There is a library and reading area there as well and there are 2 computers available for free use of the Internet. Location is in the middle of an up-scale shopping area so you can literally walk to great restaurants, stores, Publix grocery, and the movie theater. Wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank AlBeachFan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
atlanta
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We had booked one night at this location, having never been there before. The reservation stated two double beds though we really wanted two queen beds but were told that was all they had available. This was confirmed in person at check-in. When we went to our room, we were pleasantly surprised to find that the beds were queen sized in reality. This is important as my husband is very tall and that little extra room really helps. The room was large, clean and comfortable, a very quiet location on that particular night, a Monday. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank triptimeAtlanta
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed there on our way through to Fort Lauderdale, traveling along the coast. It was the same as every other Marriott we've stayed in along the way, up to their standards. Clean rooms and friendly staff, especially considering our late arrival (11 pm). I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank KelseyAnn13
Petal
Reviewed October 17, 2011

First off I would like to say the staff was wonderful. But I’m “Not impressed...” I cancelled a room to stay here the room I cancelled was $89.00 a night and I paid $189.00 plus tax for this room I was so disappointed. The room at the Marriott Gulf Shores Craft Farms was only worth $89.00. My nephew room was $169.00 for two nights on the beach. I have stayed in a lot of Marriott’s over the years. The hot tube was so small that if I was big boned it would not seat six people. I read there was going to be some upgrades to the hotel until the upgrades do not charge that much money. I really think they should give some of your money back. Do not stay here until they do the upgrades.
Sign Dissatisfied ….

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The entire staff was WONDERFUL! They really made my husband and I feel at home on our trip, minor work being done to the outside of the building but it didn't affect our stay. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the public areas and the room and the beds are GREAT. There are even several places that you can walk and get a bite to eat from and its just a short drive to the beach. I will without a doubt stay here again and I would recommend it to anybody! The only complaint that I did have was that breakfast was not included in the rate. Keep up the good work Marriott!

Room Tip: The elevator is a little slow and its the only one so I would recommend getting a room on the 1st fl...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Joy S
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Rooms were clean, pool area nice and very quiet, even with kids everywhere. Nice Lobby area with lots of room. Will go back again!

Room Tip: get a room near end doors if you want to be close to exit
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank auart
prattville
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Probably my 5th stay here. Check-in was very pleasant - had asked for early check-in, as had several others in my party - we were all expected. Extra pillows and towels were waiting in my room, as requested. Comfortable bed, some musty smell, but cranking up the A/C took care of it. Okay, there was a little wear and tear but given the hurricanes in the recent years, it was nothing to write home about. Overall, the facility was clean, everyone greeted me and looked at me when they did. Breakfast was typical but since I don't eat much, it was cheaper to walk to Publix for fresh fruit. The area has grown up quite a bit over the years, with Publix on one side and a small walking mall/theaters on the other. One small issue, the room wasn't cleaned nor the trash emptied the second day. Didn't realized it until I saw the small tip left for house keeping (yes, I make my bed), trash hadn't been emptied and two used towels had not been picked up. But all in all, for the State Government rate, will definitely be back again. Oh, don't miss LuLu's or the Shrimp Basked on the Beach.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Hampton Inn Gulf Shores
#2 of 25 in Gulf Shores
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gulf Shores
SpringHill Suites Orange Beach at The Wharf

Been to Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms? Share your experiences!