“Best Value on the Beach”

Best Western On The Beach
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Collinsville, Oklahoma
“Best Value on the Beach”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Nice quality stay right on the beach. Rooms do need updated, but they are clean and well kept. The location and price of this hotel make it worth the stay. Do be aware though that the chairs and umbrellas on the beach are for rent and are not complementary for the guests of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TravelingOSUCowgirl
Megan T, Front Office Manager at Best Western On The Beach, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your very appriciated feedback! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We are currently updating all of our furniture and so we hope we have the pleasure of your return to enjoy all of our hard work! Thank you once again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel is quiet, clean, and reasonably priced. Great views of the gulf, easy beach access. In the heart of things. Restaurant has good food at good price. We will stay here again. The staff is very friendly but not intrusive. Rooms are clean. Fridge was so cold almost everything froze.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

3 Thank JSD4068
Thank you for all of your positive feedback! Nothing makes us happier than to hear a guest say that our staff was friendly and inviting! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we have the pleasure of your return!
Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I decided to treat myself to a road trip to the beautiful Gulf Shores, Alabama. I did not call or make reservations, so I took a chance on getting a good room on the beach. I called a few places when I arrived & I'm VERY glad I chose this hotel!!! True southern hospitality from the front desk, courteous & generous maid service, perfect view from 5th floor, & a great restaurant in the hotel!!! (See my other review for that.) I love this place & would definitely stay here again! The rates were better here than the other places I called, PLUS the awesome lady named Stephanie gave me a 10% discount for choosing Best Western! I couldn't be happier! ;) Check out my photos....

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank BamaSnowGirl
Wow! Thank you so much! Our goal is to exceed guest expectations and I am so thrilled to hear we were able to achieve that for you! We do certainly try to strive with southern hospitality and pleasing our guests as our motto, Thank you again for all of your kind words and we certainly hope to see you again soon!
Clanton, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great place to stay on the beach. We have two children and they loved the indoor pool! The decorations are a little out of date but the room and lobby were very clean and nice. The staff were very friendly and we had great service! I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Wendy P
Thank you for all of your positive feedback! We have returning guests all the time who sing the same praises of their little ones loving our indoor heated pool! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
Gulf Shores, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Not many places to stay in gulf shores that are not condos. Hotel was nice, not a ton of kids everywhere. It was a peaceful and relaxing stay. Only thing we wished they had served free breakfast and that our balcony light would have worked.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for all of your much appreciated feedback! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope for the pleasure of your return!
La, United States
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Beds were very comfortable and room was clean, room had a chemical odor and bathroom was tiny. Went labor day, rooms the week before were $170, went up to $239 by sat and on sun were $279-pretty greedy. You can rent a nice condo for that price. Island of pancake breakfast was good but it cost more than our dinner the night before-$10 for 3 pancakes and 3 pices of bacon

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Dane G
Reviewed August 22, 2013

As the title accurately states, I never made it past the hotel's front desk for a reservation. Being one who travels extensively, I accumulate many points with various loyalty programs, as well as receive free nights via some promotion or another. Recently, I attempted to use a free night voucher for one night and points for another night, for just a brief stay at this hotel (Thursday and Friday night to be exact). I had already been warned by other colleagues that the property was not traveler friendly, to the extent of accommodating those who want to customize their stay by using points on certain days. I had also been previously informed that they REQUIRED a two (2) night minimum stay. No problem... right??? I had the two nights covered with no out-of-pocket expense for the room due to the points/voucher being used. Apparently not! The hotel informs me that the use of points and voucher requires that it be entered as separate stays and thus does not meet the two (2) night minimum. In addition, they would require me to stay (and pay) for Saturday night to meet the requirement...and at a very overrated $190.00 cost for that night at that! The hotel looks rather lacking anyway and certainly not worth the aggravation, nor the cost of a room. There is a much nicer hotel close to this one that I've already booked instead. I should note that the Best Western Central Reservation folks were great and tried to help. This was the hotel itself that was not willing to get it together. Sorry, but I will ensure you that I will not EVER have any of my employees (whose numbers are in the hundreds) stay at that hotel. Likewise, my friends who may be traveling in the area will be advised to stay elsewhere. The management and/or owner needs to reevaluate the direction that they want their property to go in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
#2 of 24 in Gulf Shores
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms
Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gulf Shores

Been to Best Western On The Beach? Share your experiences!