“Worked Well For Us”

Best Western On The Beach
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location. We were right on the beach. With a handicapped member in our group, it was wonderful to play on the beach and have them be part of the fun. The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. The restaurant did a good breakfast. The price was a little expensive but I would book here again.

Room Tip: I probably wouldn't stay here if there were no ocean view rooms available.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank amanse1
Megan T, Front Office Manager at Best Western On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for all of your positive feedback! I am thrilled to hear that you and your party enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I thought it was a very nice location, being right on the beach. The rooms are basic hotel rooms with double queen or single king bed. Had a decent restaurant inside as well as indoor and out door pools and hot tubs. Also had outside / inside bar. I enjoyed the stay and for the beach the price was below average compared to condo but above average for hotel. Wouldn't recommend personally for extended stay due to I personally prefer condo but for short stay or if your traveling alone I would say its a great place to go.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank BillyCasey
Megan T, Front Office Manager at Best Western On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for all of your much appreciated feedback! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you again soon!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The rooms are very expensive, we arrived late and booked a room after 10:00 p.m. We still had to pay full price for the room. The price for the room was over $300 per night. Make sure if you do go to bring chairs and an umbrella or pay $25 to rent one. If its your first time to Gulf shores be sure to drink a Bushwacker very tasty.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kenneth C
Megan T, Front Office Manager at Best Western On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! Our summertime prices are competitive with all of the other hotels/condos on the beach as well, we know however that the price will get you a beautiful room on the ocean and an unforgettable vacation experience that is priceless. There is a separate beach service that will gladly supply beach chairs and umbrellas for our guests for either $5 and hour or $25 for the whole day. This same umbrella service is what every hotel and condo in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach use. I thank you again for your patronage and we hope to have you again soon!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The balcony gave us a good view of the beach, and we even saw several dolphins. However, we had to pay to use the beach chairs ($25/day) which was quite disappointing. The hotel was great, but had no free breakfast. It was pretty expensive but that's what you get in prime season.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank pmg804

Thank you for all of your feedback! One thing we hear from our guests all the time is how shocked they are by the number of dolphins you can find near our beaches! It is certainly a delight we are happy to share with our guests and so glad you enjoyed it and your view! There is a separate beach service that will gladly supply beach chairs and umbrellas for our guests for either $5 and hour or $25 for the whole day. This same umbrella service is what every hotel and condo in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach use. We are happy to supply our guests with a full service waterfront breakfast that is much higher quality and better tasting than your average continental breakfast and so many of our guests love and return for this very reason. Thank you again for your patronage and we hope to have the pleasure of your return.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband has over 250K REWARDS points. I booked a room at the hotel and requested a beach front room. I was denied, when I asked to speak to the manager he would never return my call but had his assitant call me to advise that he could not give me a beach front room because he had to save those for PAYING customers. Well excuse me but how did he become a rewards member with that many points by being a PAYING customers. Needless to say he will not be paying Best Western anymore, he has chosen a new hotel to do business with. Sorry treatment for loyal customers.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank havedesiretotravel

Thank you for all of your feedback! For all of our valued Best Western Rewards members we are happy to accommodate our standard room free of charge for those guests whom have acquired enough points. Unfortunately the night of your stay we were sold out of our beachfront accommodations otherwise, as we do very often, we would have been happy to upgrade you to our beachfront room. We do very much value you and appreciate your patronage.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights because it was one of the higher rated places on trip advisor and I was so disappointed! We were in room 312 in the East tower and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Our room was next to the ice machine which dropped ice whether anyone was using it or not. All night we could hear ice crashing onto the drain! This hotel is so outdated from the furnishings to the tiny, dirty swimming pool with the non-working monstrous rock waterfall. The jacuzzi in the room was so filthy from age that it was also an eyesore in the room! The bathroom was so small it did not even have a toilet paper bar/holder in it. None of the nightstand or cabinet drawers had rollers on them so they just fell out when opening. All exterior doors were left unlocked and the one at the end of the hall next to our room would not even close all the way which was a security concern. The entry to the beach walkway had 1 to 2 inches of water standing in it constantly from the poor shower drainage. All entryways to exterior doors were filthy. The indoor pool area was also very dirty as well as the bathrooms in that area. I could go on and on with many items and reasons we cannot recommend this hotel and will not stay here again. The 2 positive points: comfortable bed and on the beach.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Cathy E

Thank you for all of your feedback! Our goal is to exceed guest expectations and are working hard to improve on every bulleted point you brought to our attention, thank you and we hope to have the pleasure of your return.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

A perfect location right on the beach. The room was clean and comfortable and the view from the balcony was priceless. The front desk staff were very accommodating and there is lots to do near by. The cons are, it is dated, very hard to make sure door was locked and had to slam door to insure it was latched. Waterfall over pool area not working made it seem more rundown. It has an odd set up and you had to go out a side door through a parking lot to access the beach. Also I made reservation over the phone but was never offered a kitchenette which I would of gladly taken since I was traveling with children and did not even know they were a available. I reserved months in advance and stayed mid-week so I am sure they were not just booked up. I agree that the cost of the room is not reflective of what is offered. Will defiantly shop around more before returning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for all of your feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed your room, and your certainly right the view from our balconies is priceless! We are currently having an architect look into completely renovating our pool area with regards to the waterfall, your feedback there is appreciated and just know we are looking into it. We certainly hope to have the pleasure of your return and would love to get you into our beachfront kitchenette in comparison to our beachfront standard at no additional cost. Thank you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulf Shores
Sanibel Gulf Shores
Sanibel Gulf Shores
#12 of 25 in Gulf Shores
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms

Been to Best Western On The Beach? Share your experiences!