“Great value”

Best Western On The Beach
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Gulf Shores
“Great value”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Spring break was going on but was no problem for us. Got a good Internet only rate just under $100. Staff was very friendly, room was newly remodeled and quiet. Right on the beach with chairs and umbrellas. Good breakfast at the inside restaurant - not included in room rate. Only problem we had was the wi-fi wasn't working correctly except in the lobby area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dgdecker
Megan T, Front Office Manager at Best Western On The Beach, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for all of your feedback! We strive exceed guest expectations and so happy we were able to achieve that! Certainly cannot beat $99.99 rate for beautiful beachfront accommodations during spring break! We thank you again and hope to have you as our guest in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Cullman, Alabama
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Everyone that we asked for help, was very helpful and friendly. Rooms were great the only thing I had a problem was getting attacked by seagulls on balcony.. people in next room was feeding gulls and that was not fun:( The indoor pool was very nice as well as the hot tubs. Yes, I will be back next year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for all of your feedback! I am so happy we were able to exceed your expectations and will have the pleasure of you as our guest once again!
appleton wi
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

our room was clean and comfortable, staff was friendly and accommodating. great location they have a really good breakfast restaurant with discount for guests. this was our first trip to gulf shores and we will stay here again

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank dogilo
Conifer, Colorado
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stopped in at the Best Western on the Beach for the night on the way to the Panhandle of Florida just because I had always wanted to check out Gulf Shores and the Best Western was the least expensive for a quick stop. Checked into the room, it was facing the ocean which was nice. The door would not close unless you slammed it which Im sure the neighbors loved. Had a pleasant night and I will say the beds are VERY comfortable. I saw a few flying creatures in the light of the televsion before I dozed off to sleep thinking nothing of it since I am in a somewhat tropical setting. The next morning I got up to put on my pants for a walk on the beach and noticed small brown worms in my luggage where I had layed my pants! I screamed and called my husband over to look and upon further inspection, the wicker amore that housed the microwave and mini fridge seemed to be surrounded by thousands of tiny wings! We also noticed them on the comforter and around a small black bag that was on the tv table. We called the front desk who sent up a couple of ladies who collected the worms in a cup. They called in the assistant manager who insisted he had never seen anything like it. I told him I couldnt believe if they had the same wicker furniture in every room that they too would not be infested. It looked to us like some kind of termite. Needless to say we packed up immediately after I shook out my entire suitcase, and left. I will say that the manager did call while we were on the road and refunded our money. That is the only positive thing I will say about this hotel other than location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tropictripper
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We have meetings all over the South East and when we find hotel that is not only excellent in service, but excels past all our expectations I have to let others know. Best Western at the Beach met all of our accommodations and those of our guests for our meeting, as well as provided a great place for us to meet! I would highly recommend this hotel for Business meetings and functions, as well as for a family getaway. The view of the Gulf is the most spectacular in Gulf Shores and their Pancake House is able to satisfy anyone who enjoys a great breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robin K
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in January 2012 for 5 nights and have to say it was not a good experience at all. The Television didn't have cable channels working the entire stay. The telephone in the room didn't work. The restaurant was only open limited hours and room service was not available.
Very disappointed in the hotel. I requested repairs from the front desk for the television and phone and was promised several (more than 2) times that the issues would be fixed and they never were. Thank God I had my cell phone since the phone to call the front desk never worked.
Waste of money. Customer Service lacking. Wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose any hotel other than this one and you should be on the right track.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

5 Thank J T
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Arrived in a rain storm 1.5 hrs before the required check in time after a very long drive. Very few guests at this hotel. I was told by the unfriendly lady at the front desk that I would have to come back at 3:00 p.m. Fine.

I arrived back at 3:00 p.m. and checked into a room that smelled very musty and room was old and very outdated. The property is superbly located on the beach and if weather was better the condition of the room and the unfriendly Alabama hospitality would have been somewhat ignored. However, in light of these circumstances, my opinion of this hotel is very negative.

Room Tip: You might want to find another beach front hotel in Gulf Shores, especially if the weather is poor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
#1 of 24 in Gulf Shores
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms
Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gulf Shores

Been to Best Western On The Beach? Share your experiences!