“The Best for Friends, Family and Business Associates”

Best Western On The Beach
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We have meetings all over the South East and when we find hotel that is not only excellent in service, but excels past all our expectations I have to let others know. Best Western at the Beach met all of our accommodations and those of our guests for our meeting, as well as provided a great place for us to meet! I would highly recommend this hotel for Business meetings and functions, as well as for a family getaway. The view of the Gulf is the most spectacular in Gulf Shores and their Pancake House is able to satisfy anyone who enjoys a great breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robin K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in January 2012 for 5 nights and have to say it was not a good experience at all. The Television didn't have cable channels working the entire stay. The telephone in the room didn't work. The restaurant was only open limited hours and room service was not available.
Very disappointed in the hotel. I requested repairs from the front desk for the television and phone and was promised several (more than 2) times that the issues would be fixed and they never were. Thank God I had my cell phone since the phone to call the front desk never worked.
Waste of money. Customer Service lacking. Wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose any hotel other than this one and you should be on the right track.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
5  Thank J T
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Arrived in a rain storm 1.5 hrs before the required check in time after a very long drive. Very few guests at this hotel. I was told by the unfriendly lady at the front desk that I would have to come back at 3:00 p.m. Fine.

I arrived back at 3:00 p.m. and checked into a room that smelled very musty and room was old and very outdated. The property is superbly located on the beach and if weather was better the condition of the room and the unfriendly Alabama hospitality would have been somewhat ignored. However, in light of these circumstances, my opinion of this hotel is very negative.

Room Tip: You might want to find another beach front hotel in Gulf Shores, especially if the weather is poor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Beachfinder66
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Right on the beach. The room had a small balcony, was nice to sit and watch the waves. Staff was
friendly and helpful. It was nice to have a kitchenette in the room. The beds were very comfortable. I thought breakfast was included at all Best Westerns, this is not the case at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great location but my last stay involved loud and early construction work and a run down bathroom. I was a bit suprised by the problems.....

Hope they fix things up a bit but I would still stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days had a great time. This place is right on the beach overlooking the gulf. the staff was really nice an helpful on all the places there. We stay here everytime we come to the gulf.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BigMike48
Megan T, Front Office Manager at Best Western On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I am so happy we not only exceeded your expectations on this visit to the beach but on every visit so far! You are a valued guest and we certainly hope we have the privilege of accommodating you once again.
Megan Thompson
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Right on the beach. We had a 2nd floor room with two King beds and ocean front view. The room was clean looked freshly painted the beds were great the only complaint is the Resturant Island pancake house, had hair in my eggs that were hardly cooked, and they close around 6pm so their is nothing to eat in the hotel and you have to leave the premises. Yes I would stay there again. The location is great. Only paid $69.00 a night what a great value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for all of your positive feedback! I am so happy to hear we were able to exceed your expectations and certainly hope to have you again soon!
Megan Thompson

#2 of 25 in Gulf Shores
Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms
Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach

Been to Best Western On The Beach? Share your experiences!