“Loved our stay!”

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Loved our stay!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here a week in June. Our room was clean. The view was fantastic. We slept to the sound of the ocean every night. The front desk staff was very friendly, however they did recommend Gulf Island Grill for an evening meal and it was a terrible place. I also would not recommend The Pancake House which is inside the hotel. It's not a good place to eat at all.

Try this hotel. I don't think you will be disappointed. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: I would stay on the 2nd floor or above for the best view of the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Megan T, Front Office Manager at Best Western On The Beach, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your much appreciated response. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and happy to hear we will hopefully have you back again soon! Im glad to hear we were able to exceed your expectations and our staff was able to make your stay enjoyable. We love hearing guest feedback on their experiences with other restaurants/attractions in the area to better inform other future guests, and so thank you for your thoughtful feedback. Thank you again, from all of us here at the Best Western on the Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
greenville, tx
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is ON the beach. There is no highway in between the beach and the hotel. Each room has a balcony. To me, these are major factors regarding the enjoyment of staying on the beach. We got an ocean front room with microwave and fridge with two queen beds for $180/night during the week. I believe weekend rates are quite higher. The room wasn't really fancy and probably could have used a little updating, but this place is ON the beach. As a matter of fact this is the ONLY hotel in Gulf Shores that is ON the beach. The rest are condos. Some things to note-There is NO excercise room and no free breakfast. They have both an outdoor and an indoor pool. As far as I could tell, the outside pool had no closing time. Check-in is 3pm(A little late, in my opinion. Check-out is 11am. There is a Wal-Mart four blocks away. You might shop the condos for prices or shop the nearby locations like Perdido Key and Orange Beach for a hotel. This hotel might not have the best amenities, but it is ON the beach. I would stay here again. Oh, yeah, did I mention this place is ON the beach?

Room Tip: Keep in mind, they have "limited view" and "street view". If you want "ocea...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your much appreciated response. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back again! Im glad to hear we were able to exceed your expectations and our staff was able to make your stay enjoyable. We love recieving guest feedback and happy to look into all of your thoughtful suggestions. I definitly agree with you there is no better place to be than right here on the sugary white beaches of Gulf Shores, AL. for your beach destination vacation and so the location is unbeatable! Thank you again, from all of us here at the Best Western on the Beach
Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My daughter and I wanted to make a quick trip over to gulf shores for a little back to school adventure. I decided to stay at the Best Western on the Beach because not only do I love the Best Western brand, but the location of this hotel in particular. The hotel is directly located on the beach just minutes from where many of the attractions my daughter wanted to visit (zoo, waterville..etc) and so it was very convienient. The staff was always friendly and accomodating, and the restaurant was great... my little girl loved the blueberry pancakes! Overall it was a great vacation and we will definitly make this our annual back to school trip.

Room Tip: We asked for a kitchenette and it was no additional charge.. very nice tip
2 Thank Lillian T
Thank you for your much appreciated response. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back again! Thank you again, from all of us here at the Best Western on the Beach
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Where do I start? First we booked through corporate and they gave me a rate of $229 a night, after running my card and telling me it too late to cancel, they told me the weekend rate would go up to $359 (400 after taxes)a night. That is a resort price for a "motel" stay, I questioned the transaction to the assistant to the GM, and she told me that is right and there is nothing she can do about it. Then she gave me an attitude about checking out late- which she just watched me pass her multiple times through out the lobby with luggage that I had to carry because they only had 2 luggage carts and I seen the maintence man hauling trash bags with one of them- I am sure he doesnt clean them when he is done either. My coffee pot was never cleaned and she responded that they are not supposed to clean the coffee maker, so I didnt drink any more of the hotel coffee. the kiddie pool was a broken hot tub, and the rock waterfall was full of trash and didn't work. my wife's brand new nike sandals got stolen right out of pool area while we were swimming there. Most all of the rules were broken on a constant basis at the pool area.Door to the room was all torn up like it had been kicked in by the police and would not shut unless the security bolt was secured. the room was very small and needed alot repairs. No safe in the room. Very little parking lot but they have additional parking across the 5 lane street in a gravel and sand parking lot. I addressed my concerns with the "assistant to the GM" and she either made excuses or argued with me. I do not recommend you wasting your valuable money or time here.

Room Tip: find a different hotel or different location
8 Thank Margaret K
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Clean hotel with great access to beach. Prices were reasonable and hotel staff was friendly and helpful. This was our first trip to Gulf Shores and we were wonderfully pleased.

• Stayed March 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My wife and I recently stopped here for one night just to hang on the beach and relax. I hate to say it but the visit to this hotel really ruined our trip to the shore. Not sure where to start so I will just hit the high points: We were in a gulf front room and could actually see the sand/water around the side of our a/c unit. Of course it was 90 plus degrees outside and the most of that hot gulf air was blowing into the room. My wife decided to stuff towels in the gaps around the a/c unit but we also notified the front desk that our room was not cool enough. They did send a couple of tech's up to fix it and we were told the towels were a good idea....and that the unit was operating correctly. Let me say if you are wet from the pool or the shower and standing directly in front of this unit, you might feel some cool air. Since we were out of the room most of the afternoon and evening....we just assumed it would cool down by night. Wrong...we didnt sleep well at all and spent most of the night taking off clothes and covers.
The cleanliness of this hotel really didnt appear to be a priority either as the bathroom floor and tub looked partially serviced. The outside hot tub and pool had lots of trash in them and looked like they might not have been cleaned in a few days. I did comment on this and the fact that the hot tub has jets but no controls to the front desk. I was told that the tub was damaged in the hurricane and the outside hot tub had been changed to a kiddie pool. They suggested we use the indoor pools.... which we did check out but they were full of kids with no parents. Another problem I believe this hotel has as half the kids we spoke to said they werent staying there.
So bottom line thats about all I can say that occurred in that 24 hours. We checking out asap and doubt we will ever stay at this hotel again. Oh did I mention that the room was a deal at only $179.00 a night, lol.

Room Tip: try the condos....we have stayed in condos at Gulf Shores, most are very nice.
9 Thank mrpak5604
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The ocean view was the best part of this hotel. The rooms are expensive and small. The shower faucet drips, grout was dirty very small tub. The water pressure was extremely bad. The rooms are outdated. The breakfast they did offer was way expensive. The pools were very dirty. No amenities for the price of what you pay for the room. Overall Great time in the gulf shores but crappy expensive hotel room.

• Stayed July 2012
#2 of 24 in Gulf Shores
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms
Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gulf Shores

Been to Best Western On The Beach? Share your experiences!