“Charged us for 2 nights when we only stayed for 1 night and will not return calls”

Red Roof Inn Gulf Shores
Ranked #24 of 24 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Last weekend, we made an impromptu stay at the Travelodge in Gulf Shores, AL. We checked in just after 10PM Friday night and were gone by 730am Saturday morning - but after looking at my credit card statement, we saw that we were charged for 2 nights. I called Tuesday morning and spoke to the front desk attendant and she assured me that he manager (Rolla) would call me back the next day, and I have yet to hear from him. I left both my work and personal cell phone numbers and have yet to hear back from anyone. I have tried to call on several occasions from both work and my personal cell and no one will answer the calls. I've had others call from their cells and still can't get an answer.

Great business practices! Way to go Travelodge - you have a great one on your hands in Gulf Shores.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Laurie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
hazlewood, MO
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had planned one night here, but stayed for three. For us, this hotel was perfect. It is inexpensive but made us feel safe, secure, and well cared for. The carpet, paint, etc might not be brand new, but it was clean, and the shower was hot and powerful! The desk staff bent over backwards to help us to make us feel like family. They suggested the right beaches for bringing pets, gave us tips on the restaurants and activities to fit our style. It made all the difference between a good vacation and a great one. Thank you!

Room Tip: Our room was on the back side of the hotel, but we felt safe parking on either side -- its well lit...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was there with my family for a long weekend.

And we just loved the hotel.. Nice rooms, swimming pool and restaurant. The breakfast and diner are super. my family loved it every day fresh bread/ bagels fruit.
And the hotel staff where so nice they help use very good.

The next time we will come again with my family!

• Stayed October 2012
RallaNarayana25, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gulf Shores, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear susanrichard :

We are looking forwerd to see you on your next visit to Gulf Shores.

Thanking you,