“Must try while you're in the area! SO GOOD!”

Matt's Homemade Alabama Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 14 Dessert in Gulf Shores
Description: Inside and Outside dining area is availabe
Description: Inside and Outside dining area is availabe
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stopped by while we were down on Vacation on Sunday, August 10th. They were by far the friendliest people we had run in to while we were down there. They let us sample as many different flavors as we wanted (and trust me, we did!). I ended up getting a Salted Caramel Shake and OMG it was so good! I also couldn't pass up a scoop of their S'mores Ice Cream either! They have SO many different flavors to choose from! My fiance got a scoop of butter pecan, salted caramel, and strawberry and loved them all! We were with two other people and they both got the S'mores Ice cream (two scoops and a cone for the other). My only regret is that we didn't go back again!!! Trust me, you won't regret this place!!!

3  Thank DeannaP16

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Matt's is by far some of the best ice cream I've ever had. We picked Matt's because of the great reviews and it did not disappoint. I'm not sure what the few bad reviews are talking about. Matt's is way better than DQ for sure. Fresh cones and delicious ice cream. I didn't try a flavor I didn't like, which made it pretty hard to choose one! The staff was super friendly and it was not overpriced at all.

3  Thank GabrielleNicole423
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We tried this twice and it is just way overrated. I will be very surprised if they make it through this season. The ice cream had too much ice in it like it was old. The first time I got a milkshake and they have no idea how to make a shake. It was so Frothy and milky. They were very skimpy on the ice cream. I get better milkshakes at Jack's Hamburgers any day. The second time I got a scoop of ice cream and it was barely a scoop. It just was not fresh or good. Go ahead and skip it and go to the grocery store and get a pint of Blue Bell.

4  Thank Harleybabe03
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Over 3 dollars for one scoop in a sugar cone.. and it was a small scoop.. level w.the cone. 5 bux for a sundae.. it was good but nothing above and beyond average. The toppings were good and the service was friendly.. would we return ? Maybe but we wouldnt go out of our way to visit again.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Seriously some of the best ice cream I have ever had! the flavors are incredible and very original. I went there twice on vacation it was so good! it is definitely a must while in Gulf shores!

3  Thank Gracie G