GULF SHORES, AL
$264
$129
$110
Hampton Inn Gulf Shores(Gulf Shores)(Great Value!)
$168
$159
$132
Hotels.com
Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores(Gulf Shores)(Great Value!)
$161
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms(Gulf Shores)(Great Value!)
$143
$134
The Beach Club(Gulf Shores)
Kiva Dunes Resort(Gulf Shores)
Shoreline Towers(Gulf Shores)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsquick weekenddefinately stay herelabor dayblindshousekeeper
Reviewed June 29, 2009

Some friends and I stayed at Country Hearth Inn for a small vacation and we were mostly looking for a place we could all afford. Even though the hotel was pretty cheap, the actual place was not the best choice. First off, the website listed amenities including "InnCredible Breakfast" as well as the rooms including hair dryer, iron, and iron board...we arrived and were told that none of these amenities actually were offered. However, when I asked the front desk if they had an iron we could use, they were able to lend us one. One iron and board for the entire hotel...interesting. My favorite part of the stay was that the day before we left, housekeeping somehow missed our room for cleaning, eventhough when she knocked on our door that morning and asked if we needed any services, we said housekeeping was needed. So on Sunday morning when we were getting ready to leave, I called the front desk and asked if we could get some bath towels. At this point I was informed that the hotel was "out of towels and the only thing available were hand towels and bath mats." Awesome. Needless to say, I won't stay at another Country Hearth Inn if I can help it, and looking back, I wish I had paid a few more bucks and stayed somewhere I little less sketchy.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank eveksler
Reviewed April 9, 2009

We arrived a day early for our REAL place that we were staying. This place to sleep was the only one nearby the airport. Upon getting to our room we found the parking lot very dark and hazardous to all concerned. We had only one light and we had to go upstairs. The room was very large with a lot of space, but that was only because it was sparsley furnished. Most of the furniture looked as if it were from other hotel room cast-offs. There were no hangers on the wire racket that was to be the closet. We asked for some, but they did not have any at all. There was not a clock or radio in the room, so we couldn't arrange for our wake up in the room. This room is supposed to be a suite, it had a dorm refrigerator and a cook top with two burners and a sink with no stopper. There was a coffee maker with coffee grounds and fixings, but it did no good, because the coffee maker was broken. Tried the outlet several times and it worked fine,but not the coffee maker! We asked to have double queen sized beds, but all we got were two doubles. A little cramped when traveling with 2 adults and 2 teenagers. We pulled the sheets back only to find that the pillows did not have any cases on them. Went down to the office to get the cases, and some young buck with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth standing outstide the office asked if I needed something. I asked for 4 pillow cases, he went in and gave them to me. I later found out at check out time, that they don't even have any males working the office! Who Was He??? The tv remote had missing buttons. My parents were staying next door, they didn't have a coffee maker, no hangers, but their tv had to have been 15 years old and the remote didn't work either. This place had no amenities. The only plus was the bed was comfortable. The outside looked nice. Upon our check out, we made many complaints, but they fell upon deaf ears and nothing was done to reimburse us. I would not stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
CHIGulfShores, Front Office Manager at GULF SHORES, AL, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2015

I would like to extend to an very long overdue apology for your last visit with us. However we have since made many improvements to our property and we are still making many changes. we would love to earn your business again in the fututre

Reviewed May 5, 2008

We stayed at this hotel on a Thursday and Friday night just prior to the summer season. The room was clean but that's all it was. There were no amenities provided...no pool, no morning coffee or brunch, not even any coffee makings in the room even though there was a coffee maker provided. The room had a small fridge and a small microwave, but had no extra blankets, only one towel per person was provided, and we had to ask to have the toilet paper roll replaced. The outdoor ice machine ran out of ice very early on Thursday evening. The room smelled very musty on check in, but got better once the a/c ran for a little while. We did not have the option of either having the sheets changed or left as is...they simply made the bed with the used sheets on it. The only reason we stayed two nights is absolutely nothing else was available the second night. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2008

Looks can be deceiving on this place, from the outside it looks like a lovely hotel. We ended up getting a room on the back side of the hotel in which the parking area has little light. Upon first checking in we entered the room and found the air conditioner would not work and complained to the front desk we were sent back to the room with a pencil and directions on how we could remove the front cover and stick that pencil in a small hole to flip a switch that would make the air work continuously. So after we cleared that hurdle we then learned that our shower did not work either, by this time we were so disgusted that we didn't even bring it to their attention because we didn't feel like having to work on our own shower too. Needless to say we only stayed one night and will never stay there again. So beware !!! If anything in this place is broken you must fix it yourself.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2008

Our room had a regular size refrigerator, a small dorm style refrigerator, a microwave, and two stove eye burners. Check in was a pleasant experience, but trying to check out wasn't. The office did not open until 8 a.m. for check out. Our room had double beds (no king available upon checking in). The beds were not the most comfortable in the world. One of the beds had sheets that did not look very clean and had some dark hairs on the pillows. There were no wash cloths, but plenty of towels and hand towels. The refrigerators and the microwave were clean. The bath tub has a large plaster spot, looked like a fairly new repair.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple