“Affordable & Good service”

Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I would Definately stay here again. They hotel staff was very friendly. The rooms was clean. I am very picky when it comes to the bed so I looked at the mattress… it looked really new and without stains my only complaint would be if you are in town on business the wifi isnt very reliable the tv channels aren't the best but your less than 15 min from orange beach ... One mile from public beach and center of gulf shores Beac center. BEST OF ALL the hotel is at a turn off where there is not a 5 hour wait to leave and arrive!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Crystal5354

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was apprehensive about booking here because of bad reviews but we needed a place for a single night to attend a tournament and we have a tight budget so I took the chance. I can't believe this is the same place that was described in the bad reviews! We rolled up at 10:30 at night and walked into the office to a pleasant and helpful staff member behind the counter who got us checked in quickly. The room was spacious and immaculate. Not a speck of dust or dirt anywhere. The bathroom was sparkling. Not even a trace of mildew on the shower curtain (something I'm pretty used to seeing at budget hotels). If I were going to nitpick, my one complaint is that there was only the one mirror in the bathroom and no mirror out in the room, which made getting ready in the morning slightly longer, which is really just an extremely minor annoyance. Checking out was just as pleasant as check in....every staff member we encountered was extremely friendly and downright happy looking. We will be passing back through for another tournament later this year and we will definitely be booking a room at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Leigh Angela D
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Most rooms newly renovated! Very close to all shopping, beach, etc. . Has a very large amusement park just across the street that has so many things to do. If you don't want to spend $250.00 + a night ( 3 night minimum at most places ) for something closer to the beach and if you do not require a Hilton or Marriott hotel its a very good value! As I understand it is under total new management and we had no problems at all!! Thanks DL

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank tcclassiccars
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I am aware of the negative reviews about this hotel but since it was recently by new owners and now under new management the hotel has been complete revamped! I stayed here before and now after the ownership change and I can tell you there are noticeable differences! This is not a give star hotel by any means but of you are looking for something clean, comfortable and inexpensive then stay here!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tony N
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was horrible. It was filthy. It was cheap so if cheap and dirty are your thing this is a great hotel. Since it really is not near the beach just stay in Foley if you do not want to pay the $300/night they charge for a Gulf Shores hotel in the summer. The drive to the beach is a little longer but if what we stayed in is the best of the cheap motels it is worth it.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Tigers8932
CHIGulfShores, Front Office Manager at Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2015

I would like to extend you a very long over due apology. I am very sorry for the experience that you had while staying with us in 2013. We have since done improvements to the property we have a cleaning staff that keeps our rooms clean and fresh. we are striving to keep our guest happy.we hope to earn your business again in the future,.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

first room they put us in toilet was broken bug smashed on wall the room they moved to (which was a kichnett like we wanted) had nothing to cook with one chair coffee pack was open sink was falling off wall carpet was stain and nasty and tv went out no one in office so we call motel number the ladie said what do you want me to do about tv going out and hung up. expeida was going to move us but this motel wouldnt refund our next night stay ,do not stay at this motel you will be wasting your money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joan W
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was one of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had. First, when we checked in (7/22/13) there was a family in front of us cancelling their room. That should have been our first clue. We got there an hour early and didn't expect our room to be ready, but as soon as the other family left they magically had a room available. When we got to the room the beds looked thrown together and the floor was damp, but unfortunately we ignored this out of exhaustion. We did find that the WiFi that was promised in the reservation was not available. Not even an hour later we noticed that it was significantly hotter than it was when we arrived. I tried to turn the knob to a colder setting and it just fell out of the air conditioning unit. Later that night we kept hearing buzzing and chirping in the room. I then spent the rest of the night going around the room just to kill all the bugs and spiders we found! There were much more than just the normal 'they just got through the cracks' amount. We eventually gave up and tried to go to sleep, although with it was hot and muggy with the air conditioner broken. My sister and I were both woken up several times finding that something was crawling on us. While getting ready to leave in the morning I found hair all over the shower and several dead bugs along the walls. We immediately went to the front desk to cancel the rest of our reservation. We were told that we would look into compensating us and would get a call as soon as things were sorted out. It has been two days now (7/24/13) and they refuse to give us any information except that they will call when they figure it out.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay.