“Do not stay here!!!”

Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Gulf Shores
“Do not stay here!!!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Smells like moth balls. Terrible beds. Nasty carpet. Wore flip flops n the shower. Nasty..Remote. Didn't work but only had 1 tv station anyway, used a beach towel for a blanket because comforter looked very old & dirty, to much negative to mention it all. Just don't stay here in my ( & many others ) opinion!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Cabh12345

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We learned you get what you pay for. This place is dirty. Pay a little extra and stay somewhere better or stay in Foley. Beds sag. Comforters look like they have not been washed in 10 years. Lamp shades molded. Window unit air conditioners that do no keep up with Alabama heat.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Tigers8932

Travelers are raving about these Gulf Shores hotels

Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Everything looked great on the website but it was very dirty. The front desk ask if we would put our towels outside the door so they could be washed that night because they didn't have enough towels. I only seen 2 other cars in the parking lot that night. If I had not already paid for the room I would have never stayed! Very disappointed!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 548blessed
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The front desk people were nice enough, but the room was terrible. The door, once shut, still had light visible all the way around it. The pillows were flat as could be and the shower was confusing to operate. We stayed two nights. My first clue should have been there are no refunds :)

There is no pool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank danyele1987
Jackson, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

When I first booked a room for this hotel, I was very excited. On their site, they state that there's complementary breakfast, among other amenities. However, after getting to the Inn, checking in, settling in and calling the front desk to see if they did indeed have breakfast, because it did not say so in their welcome booklet, we were informed that there was no breakfast.

The next morning I went to the front desk and asked why it is advertised online that they have a "Inncredible" breakfast, if there is not one. She really didn't have any answer for me, except to tell me that this isn't the first time that she has heard this.

The manger of the Inn wouldn't be in till Monday at 8am. When I contacted her and explained the situation, she informed me that there is nothing they can do, and that they've tried to get that off the website for years. She also told me I must have booked through the corporate site that they have and not "their" site. Because their site doesn't advertise breakfast being an amenity.

When you google "Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores AL" the first website that pops up is the corporate one, that has all the different locations they have and you're able to click on the Gulf Shores location. When I went to go search (again, searching "Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores AL") just a few minutes ago for this other website that the manager talked about, it was the 3rd link down. I don't know about other customers, but usually when I'm searching for something, the top result is usually the one I click on. The second link was trip advisor, so really, there'd be no reason for me to even look for another link/website because I thought I had clicked on the right one, as it was the first one. It may just be breakfast to some people but we really felt mislead and very inconvenienced since then we had to go out and pay for breakfast that was guaranteed to us though their website.

It is really too bad that this specific location doesn't value customer service. It is not my fault that they cannot take down that advertisement. The LEAST they could have done, since I was directly told that they are aware of this issue, is advertise at the front desk that breakfast is not provided and apologize for the inconvenience or tell that directly to people as they are checking in, since I'm betting most people book through the corporate website.

Aside from this mishap, when we arrived the staff was attentive and nice. Upon entering our room, I immediately noticed a heavy smoke smell and also found cigarette burns in the carpet and on the mattress. They advertise that all of their rooms are smoke free, but clearly, this particular room had been smoked in and the smell lingered.

Everything seemed clean, including the linens and towels. The bed was definitely not the most comfortable bed I ever slept on, even though on their direct site (http://www.countryhearthinngulfshores.com/rooms1.asp), it states that the mattress is a "new Pillow-Top Serta mattress king bed", which was not the case because I personally own a fairly new pillow-top Serta mattress, king size bed and the bed at this location was not pillow top. At night we could hear the room next to us talking, and I'm just guessing it's because the walls are very thin. So, if you stay here, just pray you don't have party people next to you because it will be difficult to sleep.

Overall, just be aware that they do no service breakfast, the rooms are the bare minimum, no fridge, or microwave, but you get what you pay for. I would not recommend this hotel/inn if you are staying more than one night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Emma L
CHIGulfShores, Front Office Manager at Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores, responded to this review, August 22, 2015
I would like to extend an apology for your previous experience with us. We have been working really hard on improving everything the guest has shared with us that is wrong or needs to be addressed. we hope to be able to earn your business again in the future.
Watkinsville
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The hotel room wasn't super fancy but it was extremely clean. The bed, bathroom, and floor were very clean. The woman at check in was also friendly and helpful. It was a good value and centrally located.

• Stayed October 2012
Rush, Ireland
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Staff claimed I needed military id for rate I was quoted. Booked thru orbitz but Had to pay here plus tax. Room stinks! Mildew and body odor. Tv is old 19 inch and linens are filthy. Wow really! This is the best they can do. Seriously, I travel for business and this is the worst. For thos rate, go somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank UsGoldTenot
CHIGulfShores, General Manager at Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We deeply apologize for the concerns of this trip. While investigating your booking; it was brought to our attention that Orbitz.com booked the lowest rate they found on our website ignoring the fact that it is restricted to active military personnel with valid ID. This is beyond our control as they clearly disreguarded that fact.

As for the smell issue, had we been notified of the issue we could have easily corrected it. From time to time any hotel you stay in will get the smell from the dehumidfier built into the a/c units. This is easily corrected. We have addressed all the rooms since we are unable to determine which was yours. We found no anomolies but treated them all anyway.

To address the TV, we regret you were placed in one of the few rooms that still have the analog 19" units. We have been in the process of changing all the TV's to 24" flat screen HD. This update is a commitment to being guest friendly.

We regret the linens you had were not up to our normally high standard. All of our laundry is washed after each guest with the proper chemicals. If there had been an attempt to contact us about them being below standard we would have gladly changed them all to your satisfaction.

To close, we appreciate your patronage and hope that you will give us another chance to prove why this negative review was the only one we received out of the hundreds of guests we had during the week. We assure you we will be addressing all the concerns.

Kevin M Gilliland