When I first booked a room for this hotel, I was very excited. On their site, they state that there's complementary breakfast, among other amenities. However, after getting to the Inn, checking in, settling in and calling the front desk to see if they did indeed have breakfast, because it did not say so in their welcome booklet, we were informed that there was no breakfast.
The next morning I went to the front desk and asked why it is advertised online that they have a "Inncredible" breakfast, if there is not one. She really didn't have any answer for me, except to tell me that this isn't the first time that she has heard this.
The manger of the Inn wouldn't be in till Monday at 8am. When I contacted her and explained the situation, she informed me that there is nothing they can do, and that they've tried to get that off the website for years. She also told me I must have booked through the corporate site that they have and not "their" site. Because their site doesn't advertise breakfast being an amenity.
When you google "Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores AL" the first website that pops up is the corporate one, that has all the different locations they have and you're able to click on the Gulf Shores location. When I went to go search (again, searching "Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores AL") just a few minutes ago for this other website that the manager talked about, it was the 3rd link down. I don't know about other customers, but usually when I'm searching for something, the top result is usually the one I click on. The second link was trip advisor, so really, there'd be no reason for me to even look for another link/website because I thought I had clicked on the right one, as it was the first one. It may just be breakfast to some people but we really felt mislead and very inconvenienced since then we had to go out and pay for breakfast that was guaranteed to us though their website.
It is really too bad that this specific location doesn't value customer service. It is not my fault that they cannot take down that advertisement. The LEAST they could have done, since I was directly told that they are aware of this issue, is advertise at the front desk that breakfast is not provided and apologize for the inconvenience or tell that directly to people as they are checking in, since I'm betting most people book through the corporate website.
Aside from this mishap, when we arrived the staff was attentive and nice. Upon entering our room, I immediately noticed a heavy smoke smell and also found cigarette burns in the carpet and on the mattress. They advertise that all of their rooms are smoke free, but clearly, this particular room had been smoked in and the smell lingered.
Everything seemed clean, including the linens and towels. The bed was definitely not the most comfortable bed I ever slept on, even though on their direct site (http://www.countryhearthinngulfshores.com/rooms1.asp), it states that the mattress is a "new Pillow-Top Serta mattress king bed", which was not the case because I personally own a fairly new pillow-top Serta mattress, king size bed and the bed at this location was not pillow top. At night we could hear the room next to us talking, and I'm just guessing it's because the walls are very thin. So, if you stay here, just pray you don't have party people next to you because it will be difficult to sleep.
Overall, just be aware that they do no service breakfast, the rooms are the bare minimum, no fridge, or microwave, but you get what you pay for. I would not recommend this hotel/inn if you are staying more than one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores is a limited service hotel featuring clean, affordable, and centrally located rooms. We feature both standard and kitchenette rooms. The kitchenette rooms feature A microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. The bed types are Queen, King, and Double+Double. Each room is cleaned daily and with a smile. The beds are by Serta and the A/C is cold. We have limited WIFI access for free to guests and fax services. In addition, we have recently began changing our televisions to flat screens and are more than 50% complete. The property is easily accessed from Hwy 59 in Gulf Shores, well groomed, 1.5 miles from the Gulf Shores beaches and around the corner from LuLu's at Homeport Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores Hotel Gulf Shores
- Country Hearth Gulf Shores