“Great for the price”

Beachside Resort Hotel
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed February 20, 2011

My husband and I decided on a Friday night to make a mini vacation for our kids since they were out of school Monday. I looked online and this hotel was the best deal only 60 something including tax a night so booked the room. The location is ideal right across frm the beach and you can walk to alot of shops and restaurants. We liked how clean it was the kids watched cartoons at night while i used the wireless internet. Only cons I can think of is they didnt have a clock or coffee pot in the room and the breakfast was small basically just debbie cakes. This is a great place for a weekend we always get hotels around feb the temp gets over 70 but its still winter so you get the best prices without all of people.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gwen43018

Reviewed January 19, 2011

I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay for a wedding for one night, but was eventually unable to go. I cancelled my reservation within the alotted amount of time and was told they couldn't email a cancellation confirmation, but could give me a confirmation code instead. I was charged for a night's stay on my card anyways. When I called to ask that it be refunded, they told me that the code I was presented was incorrect and that there was nothing they could do. It took me two weeks of calling every day and hearing excuses like, 'I'll have to check the documentation' and 'let me check with accounting and I will give you a call back tomorrow' before they finally posted a refund to my account. Even then, it was less than the initial amount charged. This place is bad news - do not make reservations here.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel before 3 years ago but the 2nd The trip was simply awsome...... after i read the reviews i was scared to go there again, but then i thought to give a chance to look at. But when i check the property there was nothing wrong, i don't no what all people wrote, we got good weekly rate $233, and front desk so friendly. Got info from them they are making changes.
warm continental breakfast from March on words.
only thing pool was close, well i understand bcoz of winter it was cold there.
Sorry forget to inform you they change the door locks its sweet. cool....i haven't seen this locks yet any hotel,

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2010

The room was bright, clean and spacious, and we found the staff friendly and helpful. Location is ideal for spending time on the beach, right across the street, and also close to nearby stores and restaurants. The continental breakfast was pretty limited, but the coffee was hot and good. The biggest plus was that we could keep our dog with us there. We will stay there again when we return to Gulf Shores.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Every September we go to Gulf Shores for a mini vacation. We have never had to make reservations and so we thought the same this year. We usually stay in a Pheonix right on the beach. But there was a soccer touney in town. There was only 1 room open on the strip...at the Beachside. It was WAY over priced...$122.00 for the night...shamefull! But the room was cold clean and comfy. That was alll we needed. This hotel is more of an overpriced motel, but hey it had a hot shower, cold AC and I didn't have to sleep in my car!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2010

The staff was very independent and rude! The hotel room was not clean and the breakfast consisted of 2 kinds of cereal, coffee and snack cakes. No amenities in the room and the lady at the front desk refused to let me borrow a ink pen or notepad. The small refrigerator did not work. The pool was small and decided to stay out because the water looked dirty.

I will sleep in a tent before I stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank ipilot09
Reviewed August 13, 2010

this hotel was very nice.. for what we paid i think it was great.. the guy at the front desk was cute as well very friendly and rooms did not smell.. i tell you what the air cond was the coldest i have ever had a room at the beach.. really a nice place will use it again and again.. dont know what all these bad remarks are. simply not our experience..

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family