“Great Location, But That's About It.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beachside Resort Hotel

Beachside Resort Hotel
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Great Location, But That's About It.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Booked this hotel for a last minute trip to Gulf Shores in July with family. Arrived to the hotel around 4:00pm. Location is right across the street from the beach, which was very convenient. Check in was easy and fast. The room was decent, but very over-priced. (Paid $180 a night) There was sand on the tile floors when we arrived, but we understood with being so close to the beach, it must be extremely difficult to get every grain of sand out of the room. Very large sized flat screen TV mounted on the wall. (Very nice touch). Beds were very comfortable. Wi-Fi did not work very well on the 4th floor. Breakfast in the restaurant was awful. We traveled with 3 children. One of the kids was still sleeping, so we planned on grabbing him a plate and taking it back to the room, but they had a sign posted saying "Not allowed to take food back to room". Does not make any sense! They should really be ashamed of the breakfast, being that it comes from the attached restaurant. We probably will choose a condo to stay in for our next trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jasmine R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Average room, It was clean when we got there, but through the week they only did minor cleaning, we had to pile the sheets in the floor to get them to change them because of the amount of sand in them from just sitting on the beds before our showers. There were 4 of us and they would only leave 2 washcloth's every day, had to go to the desk daily and ask for more. The floors were not swept very well, but overall it's kind of expected for a beach hotel. Location is not beach side, but it is only across the street from the beach, road was not too bad to cross even during busy times. Breakfast was not worth going down stairs for. Cereal, muffins, biscuits and gravy and eggs - No meat of any kind - coffee and juice and the staff (one person) sat and played on her cell phone instead of watching the food to see if anything was needed. So skip breakfast. Staff at the main desk were helpful and pleasant. For the price $140/night that close to the beach it was not a bad stay, but I think if I had started looking earlier I could have found something better.

Room Tip: Dont' stay on the 3rd Floor, it has the pool on it, and there is constant traffic all day. All...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Beachsideresorthotel, Webmaster at Beachside Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments. I’m glad your stay with us was pleasant overall. I sincerely apologize for any lapses that detracted from the quality of your stay. We’ve made some changes to improve the guest experience, and I hope when you return to Gulf Shores you’ll give us another try. You’ll find an improved guest experience.

Jackson, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was by far the WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO! We checked in this passed Friday night after spending all day Friday on the beach. We woke up to our room flooded with water. All of our clothes were wet, all of our beach towels, everything. My daughter had nothing to wear. I stayed at this hotel by the way at the rate of $299 per night, and also the hotel is NOT BEACHSIDE. Which is not in anyway convenient with children. I go downstairs, furious bc of our room being flooded from the rain the night before. The rain had somehow came in under the door. The manager told me it was not his fault that it rained, and that he would refund me 30% of my stay for the first night! I spent half of the next day drying and washing clothes. My kids were miserable, I was miserable, stressed, furious, and I felt like I had been taken advantage of! The facility is not clean, the rooms are not clean, the pool is very small and crowded. Whoever the people are running this place are doing a horrible job, and you can get better service at the Super 8! And probably a cheaper rate! I am still so terribly upset about my stay, and assure you! Me or anyone I know going to Gulf Shores, WILL NOT BE STAYING HERE!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel other than this.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Taylor K
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I apologize for the problems caused by the violent rainstorm. We’ve take action to prevent this from happening in the future. I also apologize for any other lapses or concerns you have. We’ve made many changes aimed at providing the best possible guest experience, and I hope you’ll give us another try in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Gulf Shores hotels

Oklahoma City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Hotel did not meet expectations for the price we paid. Staff was not friendly. Toilet was not attached to the floor. Room and bathroom was not cleaned. Someone else's hair was various places. This would've been a $40 hotel anywhere else. We are disappointed that we spent our vacation money on it and could've stayed elsewhere for same price! :( Thankfully, we only stayed one night.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MelMac70
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I’m sorry you had a disappointing experience at our Gulf Shores hotel. We take providing a great guest experience very seriously and have significantly upgraded the hotel to better meet guest needs in the future. I hope you will give us another chance to satisfy you. We’ll do better for you next time.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Like the title said, this is NOT a high end hotel. It's about half the price of surrounding hotels and right across the road from the beach, so it was ok. We weren't expecting a luxury experience (and we didn't get it) but it was a decent place to sleep.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank WmacEureka
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Check in time is 3pm, but of course the workers in front kept saying my room would be available in 20 minutes. I eventually told them I would clean the room myself because I was not going to wait any longer. They could have cared less how long people were waiting for their rooms. I was not the only person after 3pm waiting for their room to be ready. We also asked for extra towels since we had 4 people and only 4 towels. The maid said to check with someone else, even though she had clean ones on her cart. The breakfast is a joke and the eggs were terrible. The only plus is they allow animals and it is right across the street from the beach.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view. Of course we requested one one month prior, but I guess they don't care.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our pet-friendly hotel near the beach. I apologize that some guest service lapses and problems with our housekeeping staff were among the issues that detracted from your stay with us. Since that time, we’ve made significant changes to every aspect of the hotel, and I hope you will give us another chance to satisfy you soon.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I hate to write a bad review..but it needs to be said. This place is absolutely terrible. The rooms, front desk staff, and housekeepers...very very poor. This place has such potential because of the awesome location but it just shows that the staff there just do not care about their jobs or guests. I will not be back or recommend to others. Stay elsewhere....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank longhornsmom88
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I apologize for any issues or lapses you experienced. While we’ve always been able to satisfy most guests, we’ve made significant improvements to our hotel, our staff and our amenities so that future guests get the best experience ever. I hope you will soon give us another chance to satisfy you.