“Perfect beachy motel”

Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Spring Valley, New York
“Perfect beachy motel”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Beachside Resort is perfect if you aren't picky about an up to date room. Its the average beachy motel - nothing special. The rooms are clean and the staff is extremely nice. The pool is immaculate! Very clean and great to swim in. The beach is directly across the street, so the location is PERFECT! We've been going back to this hotel since 2012 and plan on returning in 2014.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I am extremely sad to say my wedding ring was stolen from my room during our stay at the Beachside Resort. I made a police report and the maintenance man being the only one on duty assured me and the police officer he would do everything in his power to look over security cameras and get to the bottom of it. I never got a phone call the next day so I went to the hotel to find out that the maintenance man did not work that day and never came in. I finally got to speak to a manger who informed me there was nothing he was going to do for me. Not even help me figure out who entered our room. I asked to look over security cameras and he told me the camera was not working by my room. I asked for a refund since we had paid our trip in full and had to leave the hotel early due to feeling unsafe. I got no refund, apology, and no help trying to find who entered my room. Besides my most precious valuable being stolen from our room the hotel is falling apart. It is cheap for a reason. The first night we got moved to a different room because our heat did not work. The next room was even worse. Filthy and very moldy musky smell. The toilet was running so my husband lifted the lid and there was black mold all around the top of the toilet. No coffee pot, safe, ice machine, or manager on duty in the evening. I really want to spread the word of this hotel so no one has to go through what I did. We were in Alabama and felt like we were in a third world country. Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Lindsaycmsu
Beachsideresorthotel, Webmaster at Beachside Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2015
Dear Guest,

I’m terribly sorry you experienced problems and lapses while staying with us. Our intention is to provide the best guest experience in the area, and we obviously let you down. For that, I apologize. We’ve improved the hotel in many ways since your stay and hope you will give us another chance to satisfy you. It would be a privilege to serve you again.

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Gulf Shores hotels

Kimberling City, Missouri
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Beautiful town and area, wonderful restaurants, excellent golf courses, and beautiful view of the Gulf...but, the Beachside Resort was a compete let down...and their restaurant is just as bad...the rooms stink, windows are so dirty and fogged up that you can't see out, bed is terrible, the internet worked for about an hour, and the place is falling apart. It is about 50 years old and it is in the same shape as 50 years ago...the front desk lady wasn't any help, the luggage carts would not roll, the elevator is falling apart...need I say more? The restaurant did have cold beer but they had it in a Styrofoam cooler!!! Breakfast was almost nothing and they served it on paper plates...never, never, never, will we stay there again, Gulf Shores yes, Beachside Resort NO NO NO

Room Tip: Go across the street!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Albert B
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed 2 nights. The beds were comfortable, our room was clean, no sign of "mold" anywhere. This Hotel is older and it is showing sighns of its age. But the price was excelent. The location is very convenient, right across the street from the beach and Bahama Bobs! If your looking for a high end hotel, this is not the place for you. If your looking for a nice basic place to stay and at a great price in a great location this is definatly the place to stay. I would rather spend my money having fun than at a high priced hotel i'm only going to be in to sleep!

Room Tip: higher floors beachside has great views!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank beach20132013
Russellville, Arkansas
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We booked this hotel sight-unseen b/c it was on our way home from Florida and we wanted to see what the beaches in south Alabama were like. Never been there before. The reviews on it were OK 6.6 out of 10 and the price was a bargain!!
Beware!!! Bargain price does NOT translate into really good deal. The is an older building that has some newer paint on it, but it has problems. The staff was decently friendly, but not welcoming. The 'free' hot breakfast was minimal but not much to talk about. There was evidence of mold in the bathroom shower. Carpeted areas were in poor condition, furniture was awful. Bed was respectable, but room overall was not well cleaned. The room was spacious and that surprised me. But the building is older and needs lots of work top to bottom. I don't think the owners will invest what is needed to correct situation.
We will NOT return to this one.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel if you want a GOOD experience.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bobby S
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We were assigned room 306 with two double beds. After seeing a bed bug service van in the parking lot, we got back late from a wedding and looked at both mattresses. They both showed signs of bed bugs. We were moved to room 504 where one bed did not show signs of bed bugs. It was midnight so we stayed instead of trying to find another hotel. After taking as many precautions as possible to not bring any home, we tried to sleep and failed. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Summer P
Beachsideresorthotel, Manager at Beachside Resort Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
This a totally false and illegitimate claim about bed bugs, and the guest tried to hurt the Hotels reputation. Out extermination company has professionally inspected the rooms in question and did not find any sign of Bed Bugs in our guest rooms.
The guest also stayed all night at our hotel and checked out in the morning, and also claimed a discount from front desk.
If there was presence of bed bugs, the guest would not have stayed. This means they were just trying to scare the hotel with false claims about bed bugs to extract discount from the Hotel .
We wish to inform all our future guests, that they must also consider the Good Reviews posted by most of our satisfied guests. We assure you that beachside resort is a great Family Freindly hotel with high standard of Guest services and amenities provided to our valued guests.
Gardendale, Alabama
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I have seen this hotel multiple times while visiting Gulf Shores and wanted to try it, what a mistake! The location is great, right across the street from the beach. The staff was not very friendly when we checked in, it is a older hotel so we expected our room to be outdated. We stayed for only 2 nights, the second day it rained inside our room, we discovered mold completely covering one wall. We did report these problems to the staff and they said they would look into it. I would not recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Gulf have great views, but be prepared for outdated decor and possible mold.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple