“The Worst”

Beachside Resort Hotel
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed July 12, 2008

worst hotel I ever stayed at. the curtains do not cover the windows the showers have NO water pressure. nothing in the room worked right. Lights didnt work right. In room safe was filthy bugs in it cobwebs no coffee maker. no ice. this is the worst place I have ever been in and I have traveled alot

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank lifelinekentucky

Reviewed June 30, 2008

I've stayed at this hotel many times. Its not your high end Luxury hotel, but if you want something thats close to everything and easy to find this is your place! I've stayed here approx. 6 or 7 times and I've always had good experiences. Once I even left the charger for a friends portable DVD player in the room on accident and when I called they said they'd keep it for me. I went back approx. 2 months later and they still had it. If you plan on a big fancy continental breakfast forget it! Its some fruit and a lot of prepackaged cakes.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2008

We stayed the first week of May due to the Alabama High School State Track Meet, and due to such last minute notice (one week) we were not able to find anything else. It was an OK stay, however don't count on anything other than little debby cakes for breakfast. I guess "Deluxe continental breakfast" can mean many different things to different people. Maybe if they left the "Deluxe" off I would have understood a little bit more, but when you put "Deluxe" in a phrase, you expect more like fruit, waffles etc.

Also, when we departed I went to the front desk to check out, and told them instead of my visa being charged, I wanted to pay cash for my stay, which I did. Four days later, they charged card for the entire stay when I had already paid cash. The accounting manager asked if I had a receipt, when I replyed no. she wasn't very helpful. I asked her if she had a camera in the lobby, she said she didn't know what that would do, and I told her that it would prove that I paid cash with my transaction, and that also, her books for that day should show where someone had overpaid for the number of rooms that were rented. She said that she would have to check on that and call me back, but I have not heard from them yet! I feel like the employee pocketed my cash.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2008

Got our room key, the door would'nt unlock, Went back to office received new card key. That one would not work ,Office worker sent Maintance man to fix door . He unlocked the door said go in but when I ask him about our key to get in to the room , his response was I don't know.

Went back to office they gave me another room next to the pool area. Also right over a bar/restaurant. When I asked what time did the pool and bar close I was told 10:00 p.m. both closed after 11:00. Thank god they were not to busy or loud.

The Room smelled like old milldew carpet. Wife swears the bathroom smelled of urine. The room also had twin full size beds. They were both lumply and old and felt like I was going to fall out of them. Thank god I was passing thru and it was only for one night.

Will find another hotel next time thats for sure!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2007

I stayed there for my birthday weekend this year. I was well pleased with the accomodations. You will have to cross the street to get to the beach, but this was not a big deal. This was the cleanest motel that I have vacationed at in some time. Also, try Bahama Bob's accross the street when you get hungry. The food is excellent. I recommend the mahi mahi.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2007

First of all, it isn't beachside. The description we read said "just steps from the beach". Yeah, OK, if you mean lots of steps, across a busy highway. It was nice for the price though. We were on the third floor next to the pool, which was kind of fun, except when a pack of young men scaled the pool fence and partied loudly all night just outside our door.. I liked having a fridge and microwave in the room. The black mold on all the walls, ceilings and (:::shudder:::) even on the mattress was not so nice. The continental breakfast consisted of the cheapest dollar store pastries you can buy in a box, some apples or bananas, and, thankfully, decent coffee. The wireless internet was as slow as Christmas, but serviceable for the bigger web sites. I could access my Gmail if I used the text only version. All in all, it wasn't terrible but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kulmandu
Reviewed July 31, 2007

We booked this hotel because it had reasonable rates and had available rooms. We were very pleased with our stay. The room was very large and the service was good. They seemed to be in a transitional state (perhaps changing from the Ramada brand) and work was still in progress, but this wasn't an issue from our point of view. Access to the beach is across a four lane street, but there isn't much traffic to contend with. The hotel is convenient to many other parts of Gulf Shores and the restuarant across the street, Bahama Bob's, was a good value place to eat.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple