“Our favorite Alabama Zoo!”

Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo
Ranked #4 of 43 things to do in Gulf Shores
More attraction details
Owner description: The Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo is home to more than 500 exotic animals including lions, tigers, bears, macaws, reptiles and more. It also features a seasonal petting zoo, animal encounters and interactive animal shows during the spring and summer months.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We attended this zoo on a short family trip to Gulf Shores. It was definitely worth the price and very convenient location to other attractions! The staff was very friendly and loved their job. I believe the animals were very well cared for as were the zoo grounds. If you are in the area, I would highly suggest visiting the zoo for a non-expensive, fun family outing! A+++

2  Thank buttrfly456

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I love the Gulf Shores Zoo. The animals are a delight and the staff are wonderful. I try and visit at least once a week.

2  Thank Little_greenfrog23
Reviewed March 3, 2013

On our visit to the Gulf Coast Zoo, we were able to interact with animals from the minute we stepped out of the car; there was a cute little tame rabbit lying on the grass in the parking lot and he came hopping over to us, wanting to be petted. Once inside, we were able to see so many animals up close that we had never seen that close before, such as the cervil cats, the tigers, the big brown bear, lots and lots of birds and so many more. The employees truly love and care for these animals as if they were household pets. It made me wish I could take home a leopard, or at least work for the zoo so I could help take care of it. :) Best zoo we've ever seen, even better than Atlanta or B'ham because there is no "zoo smell" to contend with, just lots of fresh air.

4  Thank prestonjack41
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We weren't expecting much when as we pulled in to the parking lot off Rte 59 but were surprised at the wide array of wild animals at this small zoo. It's no Riverbank Zoo (Columbia, S.C) but they don't pretend to be. One has to feel sorry for the large tigers, bears and lions being cooped up in rather small pens, but we assumed that they were probably rescued from a far worse fate, and these people seem to care about the animals and are doing the best they can with limited land and resources.

2  Thank Howza1126
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Me and my wife of 24 years are on vacation and saw the zoo advertised. We checked out the reviews. Fortunately, we ignored the bad reviews and went anyway. It was absolutely the best thing we could have done. Everything was clean and just a fun way to spend time together.

4  Thank Gina C