“very bad experince”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed April 20, 2007

Stayed during spring break. When checking in, desk sent some guests to Comfort Inn. Stayed on second floor. Dog barked for two hours in the evening. Happen to ride elevater with guest who had dog. Told us dog was 14 years old and expexted us to understand. All I know is that animals that old don't bother going outside to do their job. Five inch hole in top bed cover. Might have been chewed by animal. Guests are asked to put all dirty towels in hall. Two bath towels, two wash clothes and one hand towel per room. Milk in small cartons on ice. You can find more behind bar. Most mornings someone needed to find some. No cream for coffee or I could not find any. Waffel mix was only avaiable on our last day. No waffel machine. Constant leak in shower. Don't bother writting company about conditions. They don't respond.

Stayed: March 2007
7  Thank KansasCityDancer

Reviewed July 25, 2006

This was the absolute worst hotel I have stayed in!!! The beds had stains on them! There was hair in the tubs and on the shower walls!!! And to top that all off........The water was cold!!!! I wouldn't recommend this site to my worst enemy!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank mrsathomas
Reviewed May 7, 2006

I was in Gulf Shores for a one-day conference, so I thought I could manage one night here despite the bad reviews. This was an unfortunate oversight on my part.

1. No driveway - you literally have to drive over the sand and rocks to get in the parking lot.

2. RUDE service - I asked for dinner recommendations and was told "I'm not from around here." I asked for directions and was told "Don't even go there, 'cause I ain't from here."

3. Not so clean - I had to wash the coffee grounds from the previous occupant out of the coffeepot. The room had not been vaccuumed, either.

4. Noise - Pretty bad. Thin walls + lots of kids = loud night.

5. Wake-up call for 5 AM never arrived, and the back-up alarm that was available never went off, either.

6. Breakfast - I called down at 5:30 to ask what time breakfast started, and was told 6 AM. At 6, I arrived to a dark room with no breakfast. The desk agent leaned her head in from outside where she was on the phone, asking "you ready?" I asked if she had coffee, to which she replied she had decaf from the night before. I told her that would not work. She gave no apologies and said "Gimme fifteen minutes." At 6:15 I came back to coffee and still no breakfast. There was cereal and milk, with no spoons or bowls, as well as green bread with no plates, knives, or accompaniments.

7. Check-out - I was not asked if everything was OK or if I slept well. Instead, I got "Oooo, my stomach hurt."

Next time, I will book much further in advance to avoid this situation. I drove to a different beach town the next night and stayed at a Hampton Inn - spectacular compared to La Quinta!

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
18  Thank SafeTravelsGirl
Reviewed April 10, 2006

Our stay started with our room being overbooked, so we got a standard room, that reaked of smoke (non-smoking hotel) at a $20.00 discounted incovienance rate, there were ants, silverfish, the bathroom was missing a lightbulb & globe, as well as the shower rod fell down if you touched it, there was toothpaste on the counter (NOT OURS), I was very impressed when we went down for breakfast and the staff was commenting on how they needed to make sure that the buffet was stocked at 10:25, because that is when the soccer team has their wake up. While those of us who got up at a normal hour had to wait for the milk to be taken from a back cooler and into the ice on the counter.
We asked to have our sheets changed & they were not.
We were not happy at all let alone a little bit.
After returning home, I have yet to hear from the company, after e-mailing in and spending $10.00 on long distant calls. For compensation for our horrible 3 night ( no other hotels in town, spring break, 4,500 deploying soldiers) stay.It has been a month now and still nothing, even after the owner has told me I should have recieved a call/e-mail/or letter from the manager. Clearly not so he should do something about it.

• Stayed: March 2006
11  Thank JJFMMR
A TripAdvisor Member
Monrovia, Maryland
Reviewed March 18, 2006

we were guests the week of March 10 to 18th 2006 and really enjoyed our stay very much. the staff was accomidating, breakfast was fresh and plentiful, and clean, served 7 to 9, hotel was family oriented but children were well displined and rooms and bath were clean!!! No smoking is allowed in building and is enforced. We are Seniors and would recommend it to any one, especially considering the rates.Enjoy your stay. Not a bad location either.

• Stayed: March 2006
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 23, 2005

We stayed here for a quick, one-night getaway this weekend. We arrived Friday night and were greeted by friendly staff and a nice lobby. We requested a roll-away bed, and it arrived promptly. The room didn't have enough towels, but the staff was very nice about getting us more, plus a couple extra pillows. The room was decorated tastefully with a new paint job and good linens, but the carpet was very low-end office-y type carpet. It was adequate for our one-night stay, given that most hotels were either sold out or WAY more than we wanted to pay for a last-minute getaway. The mattresses don't offer much support, and the air conditioner never got the room completely cool (don't know if the hotter-than-normal temps outside had anything to do with it - just an observation). Don't reserve the roll-away - it's not at all comfortable. A better suggestion might be to bring a cot/air mattress with you or run down to the Coleman outlet store near the outlet mall and buy one.

The breakfast was over before most of us were ready to go at 9:15am, so it must have ended at 9am. We thought this was a little early for a Saturday morning. From what I understand, there were bagels, cereal, coffee, etc.

Check-out staff was nice, especially since they were really hopping - the place was completely sold out. In fact, our interactions with everyone - Anna, Kelly, Tamara and Maria were very positive - they did their best to make our experience as nice as possible. Hats off to them!

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank meglenn108b
A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, TX
Reviewed June 1, 2005

Our started out great. The lobby was immaculate, and looked amazing. Unfortunately, it only went down hill from there. The problems were:
-The room was filthy. Pubic hairs all over the bathroom floor. Carpets had some unidentifiable sticky stuff all over. Dust an inch thick on the headboards.
-The sheets had not been changed when we arrived. The bed was made, but when we pulled back the sheets...Let's just say it was disgusting.
-Carpets were trashed.
-The key card for our room never worked more than twice. If you waited an hour, just stop by the front desk because it would need to be replaced.
-The exterior doors were wide open all night. A stairwell door's lock was broken so the maintenance man proped it open. A definite safety hazard.
-The most pathetic breakfast bar I have ever seen. Coffee was always out. No juice. Stickey buns in a wrapper. Sam's club cereal in large containers instead of individual use boxes. No fruit.
-The towels would get removed, but they would not replace them.
-Rude staff. When I complained to the girl at the front desk, she was upset that I dared to interupt her personal phone call. Then she told me she could do nothing. Maids blocked the hallways, and refused to move. They came in, turned on all of the TV's on the floor, then didn't clean.

I contacted La Quinta, and they promptly had the hotel's manager email me an appology. When I responded she was not considerate enough to reply or address my concerns. Apparently, their "satisfaction guarentee" meens put out a half harted appology, then tell you to bugger off!

• Stayed: May 2005