“Big Mistake!”

Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Denham Springs, Louisiana, United States
“Big Mistake!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our room wasn't ready when we arrived, they made us wait an hour longer then when we finally get our room, bed sheets were still dirty! "Continental breakfast" was a joke! It was cold cereal & milk. When asked for service from front desk, they made us feel we were inconveniencing them. Side door to hotel was broke so it was unlocked 24/7, anyone could've walked in off the street. The pool area was nasty, you could tell it didn't get much attention. The only thing that was good about it was the beach was only a mile away. Never enough towels, housekeeping had to wash linens at laundromat across street. People at front desk never smiled or made us feel welcome. Very disappointed!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Lisa R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Alabaster, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

To start things off, The day before we left I called the front desk 8 times and my sister called 3 times and let the phone ring off the hook. NO ONE ANSWERED! We were trying to plan our trip and make sure the room we were staying in had a fridge and microwave, and to find out what time breakfast hours were. I was never able to speak with anyone at the desk so I ended up calling the 1800 number to complain. We got there around 2pm Friday the 28th. When we got to the front desk no one was up there. We stood there for over 5 minutes waiting for help. As we stood there, the PHONE WAS RINGING OFF THE HOOK AND NO ONE ANSWERED!! When she got there she was extremely unprofessional and completely lacked customer service. When I was mentioning that we called 11 times and no one answered the phone she didn't say a word. After check in we get to the room and it was DISGUSTING! There was hair everywhere, dust everywhere, the bathroom was gross. Shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned at all, the faucet was falling off the wall, hair all over the bathroom floor. We had to lay towels all over the floor just to walk in there. Around the fixtures on the toilet it was BLACK! There was cob webs all over the ceiling. GROSS GROSS GROSS!! They also knew that 4 adults and a child was staying in the room. There was only 3 towels. 3. When my husband asked for more they said we had to bring the dirty ones to them. You didn't give us enough to begin with! The staff was unhelpful, unprofessional, and rude. To top it off, we get up Sunday morning and THERE WAS ROACH ON THE SINK NEXT TO OUR TOOTHBRUSHES!! She only refunded us 37.00! NASTY! I will NEVER stay in another Days Inn. EVER. We had the SAME thing happen to us in the Days Inn in Pigeon Forge! Also, come to find out the rude lady at the desk who "helped" us was the ASSISTANT MANAGER, MAID, AND FRONT DESK CLERK!!! I don't work in hospitality but even I know that is wrong! Anthony Melchiorri from Hotel Impossible would have a FIELD DAY! I want my entire stay reimbursed and will be calling cooperate. FOR SURE! oh and we get up Saturday morning to eat breakfast, which is over at 9 am, she had already put up all the food at 8:45!! Breakfast at Burger King isn't over til 10:30! Come on!

2 Thank kristen a

Travelers are raving about these Gulf Shores hotels

West Monroe, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am sitting in the room as we speak. When we first arrived, we noticed hair in the bathtub, obviously it hasn't been cleaned. Only one bar of soap in the whole room, I guess you can choose to bathe with it or use it to wash your hands. We chose the later and drove to Rite Aid and I purchased a bar of soap to bathe with. Needless to say, no shampoo or conditioner either, or water pressure in shower. This is a non-smoking room, but smells like it was a smoking room for 20+ years. There were bugs on the counters as well. The only good thing about this hotel is proximity to the beach. Definitely not worth the $130 a night to stay here! I will say that the lady at the front desk was very nice.

2 Thank melanie Y
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We came here for a sporting event on Friday night and can't wait to leave today!! The location to the beach is great, but that is the ONLY good thing about this place. Our non smoking rooms smells like someone was a chain smoker in here, the drains were laying on the side of the sink and tub- if you put them in, nothing can drain out and the smoke detector is falling off the wall, and there was sand in the beds. But the best surprise we got- our pillows and towels had yellow stains on them- like old pee! There is also no housekeeping, so bed weren't made and trash wasn't emptied. Spend a little extra and go somewhere else!

5 Thank Janelle D
Huntland, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

If you are looking for a four star experience at a two star price don't stay here. It is a place to sleep and reasonably close to the beach. They do allow pets, so watch out for the stairwell from the second floor.

1 Thank review963
Helena, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am currently at this hotel. We checked in last night. The bathroom plumbing is coming out of the wall. The A/C in my room works, but it is off throughout the building (95 degrees outside yesterday). The continental breakfast looked like a great place to die of food poisoning. The only reason that I'm not leaving is that I am here for a two day work conference and I check out in the morning, Do not come here for vavation. It is about 2 miles away from the beach and traffic is horrible in front of this place. I travel a lot, and this is the worst place I've ever stayed.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, condo, or sleep in a tent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank F D
Corpus Christi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

June 5-9, 2013, we just stayed at this location. It used to be a LaQuinta and then Days Inn took it over. I was a little hesitant at first but quickly changed my mind when I saw the room we ended up getting. Then to make it even better, the staff there is phenomenal....from the maid who is a true sweetheart to the front desk staff. I could not have asked for a more pleasant experience and will definitely go back there if I get the chance to do so. Thank you to all for a job well done.

Room Tip: Ask for room 103 - the a/c works super duper great and the beds are so comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business