“Just ok.”

Quality Inn
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Room smells musty.

Hot tub does not have jets.

No towel for the pool.

Bed cover not fluffy and soft -- I miss comfort inn or sleep inn.

There is fridge and microwave.

Convenientvto shopping, close to walmart n walgreens.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank LingCoMo

Reviewed July 5, 2011

Usually, I am a very positive person, and I have never in my life wrote a review about anything, that is-until I came to this hotel. First of all, when my family and I arrived, the guy at the front desk didn't even say hello. He just immediately asked for my name and looked at the computer and said let me see if your room is ready. 10 mins. later he came back and said it was ready. Mind you, we came during the normal check-in time, so why did he have to check to see if my room was ready??? It was actually supposed to be ready. The man at the desk, which I later found out was the manager at the hotel(he wears glasses), then asked for my driver's license and debit/credit card. He didn't ask any questions, all he did was take it and swipe both my license and my debit card. I didn't know why he was doing it, but I assumed that he was coinciding my license and card with my stay on Orbitz.com that I already reserved for. We went up to the room and discovered that the towels and washcloths were all dirty and there was a sign telling visitors not to wash cars, etc. with the towels and washcloths which is evidently how they got dirty. My question is, if the hotel knows that they are dirty because of this, why not buy new ones for visitors and not let everyone suffer because of it???? There was no Do Not Disturb sign, no remote control, the refrigerator kept annoyingly humming all day and night!!! No lights in the parking lot-so extremely dangerous-especially at night!! Very humid in the hallways! There were not blankets in the room at all, nor a comforter on the beds. They don't know what they want the name of the hotel to be-it has changed from La Quinta Inn to Days Inn to Pleasure Hotel!!!!! When the housekeeper came by to want to clean the room, I told her that all we needed were more towels and washcloths and she told me that it was going to be about 20 minutes because they were in the dryer!! Why clean, when you don't have all the materials that you need with you!!! That tells me that you don't have but a limited supply!!!! Besides all that, when I checked my bank acct. the next day I was there through my phone due to no high speed internet, I was showing a transaction coming out from the hotel, and got extremely angry, because the manager ran my card, without asking the proper questions of Have you already booked with us? or How did you book with us? so he would know that I had already paid for the trip-incompetent move on the manager's part totally!!!! My thing is if the manager has no customer service sense, then who at the hotel does if they put him in charge!!!! I got them to reverse the credit card charge and the manager was supposed to call me back to rectify the whole situation, which of course he didn't, to try to see if there was an expedited way that I could get my money back. The other guy that reversed my credit card transaction said that the computers are not in sync yet with Orbitz.com and other vendors, so why did the manager not let me know that and asked me the questions that he needed to. It's not my fault that the computers are not in line with the customers' needs!! Needless to say, the transaction still posted to my bank account, and now I have to spend my precious time disputing this unauthorized transaction with my bank when the incompetent manager couldn't handle the problem that he caused in the first place. I'm done venting, but if you want a headache, please feel free to book here, but otherwise, if you want a wonderful vacation that I was planning on having, then do not go to this hotel! It wasn't worth it at all! Thank you!

9  Thank AU26
Reviewed June 21, 2011

The outside of the place looks fine and the inside is okay, however the management of this hotel is terrible. We stayed in early June 2011. None of the parking lights worked, the lady at the front desk stated that they had not worked in two months that she had been there. Our room had several lights out, the front desk stated that they did not have any light bulbs in the hotel and that it would be the next day before they could get any. After going to beach the next day, we returned to our room around noon to shower and go shopping, only to fing no towels in our room. Housekeeping had removed the ones from the night before for washing. After inquring about getting more towels we were told by the front desk and housekeeping that the hotel had one set of towels per room and no more would be available until the launder the ones that had been removed from the room. The housekeeping staff told us that each day the remove the towels from the room and launder them and return them to the room, so that each room has towels. They do not have more than one set of towels per room, how CHEAP!! The hotel does have a quest laundry room however it was also broke. This hotel needs new management. I would not stay here again.

7  Thank ArkansasTraveler021
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We were a little a little put off by the hotel after reading the reviews. But, we decided to book a room at the hotel anyway. We are glad we did!!

We booked at Laquinta but, when we got there it was a Days Inn (which was disappointing). We almost thought that we were at the wrong hotel but, the address was correct. When we got there we were told that they had just switched to Days Inn that very day. When we booked our room we were never told that it was going to be a Days Inn.

We booked the King suite which was a king bed, fridge, microwave and a fold out couch. We though the room was great!! It was right by the pool, vending machine, ice machine, breakfast hall, close parking, and close to the front desk.

The front desk staff and housekeeping were all very pleasant.

The hotel was close to the beach...only a few blocks away!!!

The room was clean and AC worked great! What more could you ask for.

We swam in the pool a few times while we were there. There were not many people in the pool area...which was nice.

The breakfast options were waffles, oatmeal, cereal, bagels, toast, muffins, pasteries, fruit, milk, coffee, orange juice and apple juice. It is best to get breakfast early because some of the items become limited. (For example: if you wanted a banana there would only be oranges left). I thought breakfast was great!!

The hotel is hidden so, you can easily pass it up.

Overall, we thought the hotel was great!! No Complaints at all!!!

My only suggestion to the hotel is to have more lights in the parking lot. If you were to check in at night you probably wouldn't find the place due to lack of lighting.

1  Thank SWood7
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I stayed here because I was traveling with a pet -- the Staybridge just down the street was sold out. My room did not have air conditioning. The hotel staff was not surprised the air conditioning did not work, but did nothing to fix it and offer no reduction in rate. Also on Saturday morniing at 8:00 we went to eat breakfast, there was virtually no food. When we inquired, they stated that other guests must have eaten it all and it would probably be better the next day. The property was dirty and very run down. We paid about $140 including taxes. If I had paid $69 this might have been acceptable but there are much better places to stay for the money.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 2301_mlb
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I first want to say im not one to do this kind of bashing but I cannot help myself this time! We booked our room thru hotwire! I will never use this site agian!! It did give me a good deal but it was non refundable! When i pireurchased the room through them it told me the name of hte hotel... didnt look bad but noticed it was pet friendly! I couldnt do anything about it at this point, but the hotel when we got there looked a little ran down, the people are really nice there, but the room stunk! My son started automaticlly sneezing and eyes watering and allergys had kicked in. It was pet dander!! Room was dusty and knew the only thing to do was wipe down everything with clorox wipes!! Still didnt help of coarse... We all were stuck here because of hte agreement with hotwire! Fire alarm went off we had to evacuate the hotel because of someone cooking in a room! Dogs barked all night, you heard doors being slammed all night from people going in and out and people above us I swear I think was related to king kong!!! Pool was cloudy and merky and hottub was Gross!! and GREEN and MOLDY! If you have low standards were you stay then this hotel is will be perfect for you. I will NEVER stay here agian! SPEND EXTRA FOR A NICER HOTEL!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MOMKNOWSBEST3
Reviewed April 9, 2011

My husband and I recently spent a couple of nights at this LaQuinta. The employees were quite friendly and courteous, but the motel left a lot to be desired. The landscape needs immediate attention; the chair and ottoman were dirty; crown molding had been installed, but the base molding was missing; holes were in the drywall, and the paint was chipped.
Corporate needs to spend some $$$$ to get this hotel updated and attractive. The location is convenient to shopping and beaches, but the appearance is quite sad. Soundproofing would also be an asset.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple