“Nice Rooms, Slow Elevators”

Phoenix All Suites Hotel
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Louisiana
“Nice Rooms, Slow Elevators”
Reviewed August 4, 2008

The rooms at PAS are just as good as (if not better than) the condos. My teenage daughter even commented that she could live in one of these suites! I was surprised to see the suites are stocked with everything you may need just as the condos are. The office staff was very friendly, and the location was convenient to everything. My only complaint was the elevators. As another reviewer stated, there is one on each end of the hotel. One as in a single elevator on each end... not a set on each end. They were very slow. Also, there is no service elevator. Therefore, if you are trying to take your luggage down to your car to check out in the morning, you will be competing with Housekeeping taking up the entire elevator with their carts. Other than that, I was very pleased with our stay here.

• Liked — The rooms are well-equiped and comfortable
  • Disliked — Slow elevators, no service elevator for housekeeping
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank NELaMom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed May 28, 2008

Stayed at this hotel because it had handicapped rooms for my grandparents which worked out great for them. The rooms are basic one bedroom condo style rooms with 1.5 baths, kitchen, living room, dining area and a large balcony overlooking the ocean in gulf shores. Pink Pony pub is right next to the hotel and Hooters is across the street.

Overall had good rooms, good price, great location. Pool is very narrow, only 8 feet wide or so but really long. Id rather stay in a nicer condo with more room but its one of the few handicapped rooms down there.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Ozark, Arkansas
Reviewed May 14, 2008

We just got back from the Phoenix #3. For the price I wasn't expecting perfection but I was very impressed. Very nice and clean rooms. Would definately recomend to a friend and will be staying there again myself sometime later in the future.

Advice: We brought our own chairs for the beach and left them out there the whole time and no one bothered them. If you have room it saves some $$ since you do have to rent the ones they have there.

Try to eat at LuLu's and Lamberts while your there. For breakfast and lunch we ate our own food and put the fully stocked kitchen to use. We also ate at Charlies in Foley and thought the food was really good.

• Liked — Great pools, room, and view
  • Disliked — Check in was slow, there was some jellyfish in the water.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank vacationlover73
Alabama
Reviewed May 8, 2008

We stay there every year and it is wonderful!!!! I would not stay anywhere else in Gulf Shores. The staff is great and rooms are wonderful. Rooms are exactly like a condo. The view from the balcony is breathbreaking. The location is convenient to everything.

There is no where in the world I had rather be than Phoenix Suites. We are going back in two weeks and I cannot wait.

I would recommend Phoenix Suites to anyone!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, CA
Reviewed April 19, 2008

Just wanted to say that we loved our stay here. Rooms are very clean and comfortable, view is fabulous, and staff could not be friendlier. Just an overall great place to stay on the beach!

• Liked — everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed February 2008
1 Thank midnightmancan
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed January 20, 2008

We've stayed at Phonenix West twice. May 2007 and Oct 2007. It was a pleasant surprise and we really enjoyed it. Its clean, nicely decorated, the staff is very nice. The kids love the bunk beds and the kitchen is furnished. The pool and beach are wonderful. We plan to return. Thanks !

• Liked — The kids were never bored.
  • Disliked — I can't this of anything.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Alabama
Reviewed July 18, 2007

From the time we arrived, there were problems. We were suppose to be able to check in at 4:00. It was 6:30 before we could go to our room. Elevators were a huge problem. There are only two, one on each end of the building and they are very slow!! I must say that the room was nice. It was clean and had everything we needed. Wrong place to stay if your looking for a large pool and no hot tub. The worst problem arose after the second day when our room was cleaned. My six year old had his "bear" (stuffed teddy bear that he sleeps with ) in the room, and when we returned from the beach, it was gone. As soon as I noticied that the bed had been made, I started looking for this bear. This bear was just no ordinary teddy bear. It was given to my son from my deceased sister. It was very special to my whole family. After turning the place upside down, I went outside and found the cleaning ladies and questioned them about the bear. Neither one could speak English, so I went to the front desk. The lady there was very nice. She could tell that I was upset, I was literally in tears. She sent me to talk to the Supervisor over the housekeeping. After talking to her, she assured me that they would find it in the laundry (she said that they had found a wedding ring before, so surely a teddy bear). I offered to go thru all of the laundry myself, but I was not allowed to do so. She told me to give them a couple of days to find it. I was not happy at all. I understand that this was just a stuffed animal to her, but it was something that can never be replaced to us. We continued daily to look for the bear, thinking that maybe it got stuck up under the bed or couch. We moved everthing in that room, including taking the bed completely apart. I checked with the Housekeeping Supervisor every day while we were there and even for weeks after we left. I even went as far as posting a reward with a picture of the bear. One year later I am writing this and I have not heard a thing about our lost bear. I know you shouldn't leave valuables in your room, but who would have thought that you would have to lock up a teddy bear. I just think that the staff could have been a little more conciderate or atleast offord an appology of some sort. This was a vacation that my family will never forget.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — House Keeping
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank lostbearalabama
Hampton Inn Gulf Shores
#2 of 24 in Gulf Shores
Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms

Been to Phoenix All Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!