“Loved it!”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Gulf Shores
San Diego, CA
“Loved it!”
Reviewed April 19, 2008

Just wanted to say that we loved our stay here. Rooms are very clean and comfortable, view is fabulous, and staff could not be friendlier. Just an overall great place to stay on the beach!

• Liked — everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed February 2008
1 Thank midnightmancan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed January 20, 2008

We've stayed at Phonenix West twice. May 2007 and Oct 2007. It was a pleasant surprise and we really enjoyed it. Its clean, nicely decorated, the staff is very nice. The kids love the bunk beds and the kitchen is furnished. The pool and beach are wonderful. We plan to return. Thanks !

• Liked — The kids were never bored.
  • Disliked — I can't this of anything.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Alabama
Reviewed July 18, 2007

From the time we arrived, there were problems. We were suppose to be able to check in at 4:00. It was 6:30 before we could go to our room. Elevators were a huge problem. There are only two, one on each end of the building and they are very slow!! I must say that the room was nice. It was clean and had everything we needed. Wrong place to stay if your looking for a large pool and no hot tub. The worst problem arose after the second day when our room was cleaned. My six year old had his "bear" (stuffed teddy bear that he sleeps with ) in the room, and when we returned from the beach, it was gone. As soon as I noticied that the bed had been made, I started looking for this bear. This bear was just no ordinary teddy bear. It was given to my son from my deceased sister. It was very special to my whole family. After turning the place upside down, I went outside and found the cleaning ladies and questioned them about the bear. Neither one could speak English, so I went to the front desk. The lady there was very nice. She could tell that I was upset, I was literally in tears. She sent me to talk to the Supervisor over the housekeeping. After talking to her, she assured me that they would find it in the laundry (she said that they had found a wedding ring before, so surely a teddy bear). I offered to go thru all of the laundry myself, but I was not allowed to do so. She told me to give them a couple of days to find it. I was not happy at all. I understand that this was just a stuffed animal to her, but it was something that can never be replaced to us. We continued daily to look for the bear, thinking that maybe it got stuck up under the bed or couch. We moved everthing in that room, including taking the bed completely apart. I checked with the Housekeeping Supervisor every day while we were there and even for weeks after we left. I even went as far as posting a reward with a picture of the bear. One year later I am writing this and I have not heard a thing about our lost bear. I know you shouldn't leave valuables in your room, but who would have thought that you would have to lock up a teddy bear. I just think that the staff could have been a little more conciderate or atleast offord an appology of some sort. This was a vacation that my family will never forget.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — House Keeping
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank lostbearalabama
wesson, ms
Reviewed July 10, 2007

this was a super nice place to stay. it has everything you need. we loved it so much we want to go back this summer. i would highly recommend it to anyone.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank oreoWesson_Ms
Alabama
Reviewed February 18, 2007

My husband and I went to the beach on a whim and got a room late on a Saturday night. The front desk clerk was so friendly and even let us look at the room before we committed to staying. The room was clean and neat as a pin. Every ammenity you need is here. Great bedroom, cute kitchen and a super view of the beach. I have already booked a week for the summer!!

Stayed February 2007
5 Thank dancemom2
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed January 18, 2007

My husband and I just stayed 3 nights at the Phoenix All Suites Hotel. It was absolutely wonderful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our suite was very clean and nice. The best part was the view from our nineth floor balcony--absolutely beautiful!! There is a beautiful view of the sun rising and setting from the private balcony. The Phoenix has a beautiful private beach and it is very close to shops and restaurants. This was my first time to ever see the ocean and I am glad we had such a great place to stay during our trip. I would highly recommend Phoenix and I plan on going back.

• Liked — beach view
  • Disliked — hard bed/pillows
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank melissaandkris
Hazel Green
Reviewed January 7, 2007

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Phoenix All Suites Hotel was the best place I have ever stayed at on the beach! Our room was very nice and very clean. The kitchen was totally furnished and with very nice equipment. We had a beautiful view with a nice balcony. It felt like a cozy apartment! I didn't want to come home! Everything was just perfect. If you are taking a trip to Gulf Shores I can tell you that you will be nothing but delighted with your stay at Phoenix All Suites Hotel! Kristi, Hazel Green,Alabama

Stayed May 2005