“A "MUST VISIT" IN GULF SHORES”
Review of Lucy B Goode - CLOSED

Lucy B Goode
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Gulf Shores, Alabama
“A "MUST VISIT" IN GULF SHORES”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We visit Lucy B Goode fairly frequently. I keep telling the wife we should try some other places for but she replies, "why mess with what we like".

Today's visit we started with the chips with pineapple salsa mango salsa.... both were very good.

The lovely wife had the short ribs on a bed of cheese grits. She says they were amazing as always.... I tasted the grits and was very surprised how great they were. You may not get the ribs for the grits but they are surely good.

I had the Goode Burger.... It was the first time I've gotten the burger there and I have to say it was one of the best I've ever had.... perfectly done.

We shared the natural cut fries.... shoestring size but natural cut... first time I've seen that.... they were really good also.

We live in NW Florida and make the 60 mile round trip to Lucy B Goode's because we know we won't be disappointed.

If you are anywhere between Mobile and Pensacola you are making a mistake if you don't visit this place. (if you've got kids I recommend LuLu's which is right next door / same parking lot. (same owner)

I should not fail to mention they give a 25% military discount which makes it a bargain for great food!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank ericjbabin

Georgia
“a hidden gem”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Lucy B Goode is hidden away on the grounds of the much bigger Lulus. They change the menu every day because everything is made from fresh locally grown products. The Crab appetizer was superb. The ribs were delicious. My wife loved the Cuban sandwich.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank cowbulls
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It's not just good, it's great!!!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

The lastest addition to Lucy Buffet's ever growing food and fun establishment at Homeport Marina in Gulf Shores, AL is open for business. Dinner at Lucy B Goode was wonderful. The decor is rustic, airy, beach beautiful built of reclaimed, whitewashed wood, decorated with colorful coastal paintings and attention to details such as turquoise blue Ball jars for water glasses and pink salt in the grinder. Let me make a point about about Lucy Buffet's restaurants and "coastal park"-it is not a tourist trap, it is a landmark and a wonderful place to visit for the whole family! Having said that, dinner at Lucy B Goode is as casual as LuLu's but the food is more upscale, fancy. The menu is seasonal and printed daily and includes a list of the local farms that their food comes from, as well as the Gulf of course! The day we went the desserts included Fresh Fruit with Grand Marnier Chantilly Cream and Chocolate Soufflé. Braised Quail and Fairhope Grits were on the menu along with fresh seafood dishes, chicken and beef from local farms. The food is top quality, fresh and delicious. Dinner here is a bit of a splurge but well worth it. I had a scrumptious Grilled Hanger Steaked cooked perfectly medium rare served with Grilled Gulf Shrimp and a unique Tomato Garlic and Bacon Vinaigrette. It was the kind of meal you think about for a few days. So Goode!! Don't miss it.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank marta_mil
“Fresh seafood and chic ocean decor”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

This was a great lunch stop and I would definitely return. They had small cold and hot plates large enough to share for two. My husband and I shared the fried seafood platter which had a variety of shrimp, fish, and crab. We also really liked the shrimp and fried green tomatoes salad. The Gouda and cheddar Mac n cheese was worth cleaning my son's plate. They offered fancy pink salt in a grinder. I really enjoyed the airy weathered ocean decor look - there was clearly thought put into the details. There was an adjacent large sandy spot with beach toys to entertain our toddler while we waited. Only complaint - no baby changing station in the bathrooms.

2 Thank Jason F
Cookeville, Tennessee
“If these walls could talk, then Lucy's been good!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Lucy B Goode is a work of art, both the menu and the space. This cafe has a delightfully healthy but scrumptious menu selection. Slightly upscale with a maritime, shabby chic, coastal and down-home country feel, I was thrilled with my food and my experience. Upon entering you will see a large chalkboard opposite of the hostess stand noting all of the local farms providing the fresh produce of the day. The restaurant is located across the parking lot from LuLu's and of course all owned by Lucy Buffett, Jimmy Buffett's sister. The menu and style is modeled after both of Lucy and Jimmy's grandmother's who were noted to have very different styles but both excellent culinary artists. If you are not used to a more diverse southern menu, then just ask questions. The menu is not as basic as LuLu's, but that's what I liked about it. Plus the food choices are a little bit more friendly to the health-conscious individual offering more protein centered choices with less simple carbs, such as the Gulf Shrimp Salad, Slow Roasted Chicken Breast and Grouper en Papillote. The salads are made with fresh bright green leafy lettuces like spring mix, spinach and arugula. The drink menu is appetizing as well, offering many local brews and a wide selection of wine choices. The Birmingham brewed "Good People" pale ale is satisfying choice if you like light and citrus flavors. Casual antiquity, honor of the US Armed Forces (present in the walls which came from military barracks in NY) and a love for life near the sea are represented spectacularly in this precious place. There is a view of LuLu's at Homeport Marina in the back as well as garage style doors framing the restaurant to provide an open-air atmosphere in the warmer months. According to many publications, both Lucy aka LuLu and Jimmy grew up near this area, in Mobile, where their parents worked at a local shipyard. Her paternal grandfather was also a master captain of both sailing and steam vessels.To learn more visit: http://www.lucybgoode.com

• Visited January 2014