“Little slow but overall good”

Island Wing Company
Ranked #40 of 163 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stopped in on our way to the beach for the afternoon to grab a bite to eat. There was only about 8-10 other customers in the building when we arrived. The waitress was quick to let us sample some of the great sauces they had to choose from. Once food was ordered it seemed to take forever a good 25-30mins maybe a little longer to get our food. we all ordered wings a side of fries.

Once the food got to us it was fantastic just wish it wouldnt have taken so long to get to us.

So overall this was a good stop and if we are in the area we will stop in for more!

There are newer reviews for Island Wing Company

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stopped in with the Family on our way out of town and it was a great choice. Food was great, service was great, the only problem was the fact we were leaving town to head home from Spring Break. Will eat here again when we are back in town!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My boyfriend and I ordered hot wings and they were great. We were able to sample different sauces before we place our order. The restaurant was near our restaurant (Microtel Inn) and several shopping areas.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Eight of us went after golf and to watch the basketball games. Plenty of TV's, viewable from any seat. Nice menu with plenty of wing sauces. Other options available for us non-wing eaters. Burgers were good. Others paired wings with nachos - interesting: chopped up hamburger patty with cheese, lettuce and pickles. Clean place with friendly, fun staff. Good beer and wine prices, not sure if was happy hour or not. Would go back.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Two unique things - nothing is fried (even the french fries are baked!) and I got what I think was butter lettuce on my burger when you never see it in a restaurant. My server was anxious to please and did a great job, even though he was a bit chatty. The interior is interesting with high ceilings and exposed ductwork with neat decor on the walls. I don't particularly like hightop tables/chairs but I wanted to be near the window and that's where I was taken.

There are different and unique items on the menu that will keep my coming back. This location has been occupied by a number of restaurants and I wonder if some of the trouble is that you can only easily access it by driving south on Hwy 59. I was driving north after visiting the beach and had to make a u-turn at a traffic light to get to it and then to go home I had to make another u-turn to head north again on Hwy 59. They have a small bar area and will soon have patio seating and even though it's in a strip mall with a hotel behind it, I hope they continue to grow and be successful here.