“Incredible”

Sassy Bass Amazin' Grill
Ranked #16 of 161 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Unique Food * Outrageous Fun * Casual Prices Visit our Facebook page, Sassy Bass Amazin' Grill, for our menu and live music jammin' schedule.
“Incredible”
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

Came here, (despite the drive from central gulf shores) based on some reviews I read and looking for something yummy on a rainy evening. This surpassed all expectations. We waited at the bar for a table for the two of us, and the drinks were great. They even had a drink mimicking something I served in PA on the lake in my bar tending days!! It was excellent. Good choice of craft beers too. The bartender (didn't catch his name) was awesome. Always smiling, regardless of how busy the bar was. Great attitude. At our table, our waitress Kristin was amazing. Hubby ordered the crab cakes, and I'm not a seafood lover, so I ordered the filet medallions. Kristin immediately said their flank steak was more flavorful, so I agreed to try it. Glad I did. Best meal I've eaten in a really long time. Incredibly flavorful, would eat it any day over my picky self and filet!!!!! Hubby loved the crab cakes, since he is a seafood lover. Overall, incredible drinks, phenomenal food, and we just might come here every day dinner in vacation. Perfect. Worth every second of drive. Go there!!!!!!

Columbia, Missouri
“Best meal we had in Gulf Shores!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We went to Sassy Bass on a whim because it was only about 3 miles from our beach house and we were too hungry to make the drive into town. This was hands down the BEST meal we ate during our stay, and I would have gone back a second time if time had allowed. The drinks were strong, I had a hurricane and it was delicious! I had the crab cakes dinner, which came with two grilled crab cakes on a bed of yellow rice, topped with crab sauce and with a side of fried corn. Everything about my meal was delicious! The crab cakes had an awesome flavor, and the sauce was a great compliment. The fried corn with the southwest dressing was even better than I was anticipating. My honey ordered the Mahi Mahi (it was the fresh catch of the day) and I heard no complaints from him, either! The service here was a little slow as some of the other reviews mentioned...not only is this kind of a southern thing from what we gathered from our time in the gulf, but the kitchen in this place is tiny. Trust me...it is worth the wait!!!!

1 Thank Lauren B
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Top of the scale Sea Bass”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This is a laid back restaurant that serves customers directly from the beach. The atmosphere is very casual but the food is fresh with preparation unusual The Sea Bass was the best we had ever eaten with other entrees taking a back seat. Menu does have a variety of seafood. Flavoring is creole with excellent sides.

Houston, Texas
“Perfect lunch and great advice for the beach”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My family happened upon this restaurant after taking the ferry into Fort Morgan and heading to the beach. We wanted to try a less-crowded beach and grabbed a bite to eat here first. The food was great, the service was great and they even recommended where to park for the beach.

• Visited July 2014
“Dive fun with gourmet food!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We have been coming to this area for the past several years and this was our first trip to the sassy bass. It was the best meal by far. The atmosphere is fun and the staff is friendly. Our kids were easily entertained. The frisbee plate for the kids was a nice touch. We shared the gulf shrimp and the "special" which was mahi mahi, shrimp, and veggies covered in crab sauce. Both dishes had such a gourmet taste. The crab sauce was like none we have ever tasted. Just a great experience!!!! We will be back!