“Great Food”

Sassy Bass Amazin' Grill
Ranked #15 of 166 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Unique Food * Outrageous Fun * Casual Prices Visit our Facebook page, Sassy Bass Amazin' Grill, for our menu and live music jammin' schedule.
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We were staying in Fort Morgan and were pleased to find the Sassy Bass just down the road from us and see that it was highly ranked by TripAdvisor. It was one of the best meals we had while in the Gulf Shores area. We ate dinner here on a Wednesday night and while it was busy, the service was quick and the food came in a timely manner. I had the "fish'ngrits" which consisted of grilled mahi-mahi served over gouda cheese grits with a creamy sauce. The entree came with a side of collard greens. The fish was a tad bit overcooked but the seasoning was well done and made up for the overcooking. The grits were amazing as was the sauce over the fish. But the best part of the meal were the collard greens--they were hands down the best I've ever had. I would go back just for them! My husband had the red snapper and he said it was the best meal he had during our trip. It was served with street corn and scalloped potatoes. The potatoes were a buttery, yummy dish that I had to try! He said the corn was pretty good as well. We took a slice of key lime pie to go and I hate to say that it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. That was the only disappointment of the meal. If you are staying near Fort Morgan this is a place you should definitely visit. I loved not having to drive the 20 miles back into Gulf Shores to find a quality place to eat.

4  Thank Libby W

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Noticed this place had good reviews when I was here last year...so it was a must try. Were told we'd have an hour wait, but only ended up being about 20min :)--However, we were told the catch of the day was MAHI, GROUPER, OR SNAPPER---this is listed on the menu @19.99--when we received the bill there was an upcharge of $3 for Grouper...the server said she must've just said it really fast to us because it was so busy...but no one in our party heard her mention this :(..also Shrimp & Grits...while delicious...says it's atop a bed of spinach/mushrooms, back and gouda grits..turns out it's just grits with a cream sauce with all those other things ground up (supposedly, but I couldn't tell there was ANY of that stuff in there)..so, while I did enjoy it, I felt that was a little misleading. Prices were a little higher than I think they should've been compared to other restaurants in the area.

3  Thank Heatherj911
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This locally owned restaurant is a medium size venue outside of the heavy traffic of Gulf Shores.
We were there on a Tues night so while it was busy, it wasn't packed. They have live music Sun, Tue & Thurs nights. The musical duo, Hot Sand 2.0, were playing, which we enjoyed immensely. A bonus was they included our grandchildren, as well as others from the audience, in their set. Made a fun and entertaining night!
Our table had the Chilean sea bass, one of three fresh catch of the day choices, grouper, and filet mignon ka bobs. The bass was well seasoned and grilled perfectly. Maybe the best I have ever tasted. It was served with grilled summer vegetables and creamy scalloped potatoes. The grouper was also seasoned, grilled and topped with a crab sauce, served over rice, and again was exceptionally good. The filet wasn't as tender as it should have been, but was still good.
The beer was cold and the mixed drinks were good. Our waiter was friendly, knowledgable, and tentative.
Our new favorite place in this region. We will be back!

3  Thank DNAW
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I went to this restaurant based on TA reviews and have to say I was very disappointed. TA usually is spot-on, so I 'm not sure why this one ranked high. Food was VERY average, location is about 17 miles from the beach, so not quick from the condos on Beach Blvd. I wish I had tried somewhere else. Don't waste your gas, money, or time.

3  Thank TravelGirlNashville
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for breakfast and were so please to find something down fort Morgan road. We all ended getting the breakfast buffet and it was excellent and super cheap! The service was amazing too. We will definitely be back!

2  Thank Lacnessmonster