“Great local food.”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had a great lunch, fried oysters and southern crab cakes. The sides were plentiful and fresh, the beer was cold! Being a native Marylander, I am always hesitant to try crab cakes anywhere but home. These were fresh, plump and properly prepared.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Overall, very pleased with the quality of the fish. They have lunch and dinner specials and very convenient to the beaches just off Rt. 59. The one caveat emptor I would highlight is that the "senior" specials are really scaled back. That is, if you order one of the senior specials, be prepared for very small portions. When my special arrived, I thought it must be an "appetizer". Not sure why they do this, but do be aware. I can attest to the portion reduction since a few days previously I had ordered the same fish selection, but via the regular menu and the portions were probably 3 times the size of the senior. Not sure I would order the senior again since I left the table still hungry. Would have given one more star but slightly disappointed in the bait and switch.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

They have a excellent lunch menu for $7.25 with a daily special. They both include your drink. It includes seafood and home style entrees. You also get a basket of rolls. We love the dark wheat the best. Never had a bad experience here.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The food is usually pretty good. The staff is usually pretty friendly. The prices are decent and comparable to what you will find in other similar venues. So what's the issue?

Desoto's has a frequent dinner program. They give you cards and stamp them with your meal (if you ask for one). After 10 (I believe) you get a free meal. Over a 6 month period I accumulated about 50 or so of these cards. When I tried to redeem some I was told that the stamps had to be on the same card. They would not honor having 10 stamps on 10 cards. This seems petty and ridiculous to me and for 4 months, I did not go back. (Do the math - it's a lot of money).

I finally went back, sat down and was given a menu. I picked an item and tried to order it but was told that I couldn't because I was not over 55. It's snowbird season and the menu should not have been given to me. Finding this ridiculous also, I said thank you and stood up. The waitress tried to stop m by telling me she would just run it through and it would be ok. At that point, the damage was done. Why she could get into trouble over something so stupid was beyond comprehension. Why I would have to be put in that situation was even crazier.

Over the years, I have brought family, friends, business associates, etc. It's finished.

So my suggestion to the Desoto owners. Hire a bouncer and put them at the door. Card everyone that shows up and don't allow anyone in who was born after 1959. This will keep your preferred clients happy. Place a big banner on the front of the building. "NO KIDS, NO FAMILIES, NO YOUNG WHIPPER SNAPPERS ALLOWED". And for the love of all that's good, do away with your frequent diner program, it's hurting your business.

1  Thank BeachLoverA1A
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our first visit; waited 20 min.at least, walked up creaky stairs across a creaky floor, food was decent .our waitress was nice. second visit ;less than desirable, just got our food then this couple walked in with their dog not a seeing eye dog . didn't know this was even allowed .the dog smelled.I went to the restroom, trash can was running over .if its like this out front whats the kitchen like? I will never go back. I very seldom write reviews but I felt it was necessary in this case.