“I just wanted a good steak...”
Review of Ribs & Reds

Ribs & Reds
Ranked #99 of 163 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The wait service was fine. The food...not so good. I ordered the surf and turf. My medium-rare steak was well done and very dry, the shrimp were small and not seasoned well. The fries (cost $1 extra to "upgrade" to fries) were okay. The salad is made of the prepackaged iceberg lettuce, carrots, and purple cabbage, hard croutons, the Sysco fake shredded cheese, and three grape tomatoes. My boyfriend got the grouper. It was pretty in presentation and he said the sauce was good. I did not try it, but the veggies that came with it were fresh and, though bland, were otherwise okay.

I had such high hopes for the place. We will never go back.

There are newer reviews for Ribs & Reds

Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you are looking for great seafood check out Ribs and Reds in Gulf Shores, AL. Our family loves seafood. R&R's has the best red Shrimp and snow crabs. They are seasoned to perfection. And as an added plus the staff is extremely friendly. We eat there every chance we get while enjoying the beach. Great place for kids too. Very family oriented.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We are at Ribs & Reds in May of 2013. I had the surf & turf with steak and gulf shrimp and it was fantastic. My husband had the ribs & reds platter and he said the ribs were excellent but the reds didn't taste all that great. Our service was slightly lacking (never received my salad, drinks were rarely refilled, etc) but overall it was a good experience.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Stopped with hubby and son for dinner -my husband had the ribs with beans and slaw and ate every bit of it. My son's steak po boy was a bit difficult to eat since the steak was sliced London broil style and kept falling out of the roll , so he wound up cutting it up on the plate. I had the fried shrimp basket-shrimp ok but hush puppies were great-would have liked less fries and more hush puppies! Frozen drink section was pretty good. Our waitress was attentive and was quite nice.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Food was fried, ordered a combo appetizer as entree ribs were ok, but dried pork with extra sauce to soften things up, the seasoning on the fries seemed to bother 4 of 5 family members, and this is not a family who are not used to fried or seasoned foods. The food seemed to be less than flavorful and extra heavy on the grease and cover ups.
Not worth the price nor worth the hype.