“Excellent experience during off season.”
Review of Pink Pony Pub

Pink Pony Pub
Ranked #39 of 167 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Going to the Pink Pony Pub is like going back in time. Very little has changed since the restaurant was rebuilt after Hurricane Frederick hit in 1979. It sits on a huge expanse of public beach. Please remember that alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the beach and the pub can become quite crowded during the season. Bikinis are always welcome and children are welcome until 9 P.M. After 9 the music and karaoke begin with the pub usually open until 3 a.m. A full bar with awesome mixed drinks and ice cold beer is somewhat pricey. A local IPA microbrew goes for five-fifty. In additional to typical bar food they offer great fresh seafood, soups and salads. The servers were full of energy and appeared anxious to please. For dinner my wife and I chose an order of crabcakes which were average. I had a crabclaw platter which was outstanding. Charlotte had the coconut shrimp which was very good. I do realize that during the busy season most people pay a parking fee and service can be slow. However on a beautiful November afternoon it doesn't get any better than the Pink Pony Pub.

1  Thank UNCLEJ2XS

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Sunday, 11/10/13 my wife and I decided to go to Gulf Shores for raw oysters. I looked at menus from a number of restaurants and settled on Pink Pony because oysters were advertised as $8.50 per dozen. We arrived and were given menus. Oysters were listed at $11.99. I asked the waiter why the discrepancy. He said that the online menu had not been corrected yet. I wasn't happy about that but understood that these things happen and ordered a dozen for $11.99. The waiter told me that actually the menu in my hand was incorrect and that the oysters were now $12.99. I told him that was a little too much false advertising for me and we would have our oysters elsewhere. He had just brought my wife a coke which she had not touched. I asked him how much it was and he told me $2.75. I paid for the coke and we left. Seems to me that the waiter should have honored the in hand menu price and, at the very least, would not have expected me to pay or accepted payment for the coke. The end result is that while Pink Pony made a substantial profit on the coke they will not profit from my business in the future. My experience left much to be desired. Hope your's is better should you decide to visit Pink Pony.

3  Thank Barry T
Reviewed November 12, 2013

It is hard to get real good shrimp. This was the best we have had !! We had fried shrimp and blackened shrimp. Yum !!!!

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

It was really nice sitting outside with a nice breeze. It took awhile to get our food but the food was really good. The people were very friendly.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had dinner and drinks at the Pink Pony on Halloween. It was a bit early, but the staff was ready to go! We had just had a beer next door at the Hangout.....great view, but the bartender had the personality of a wet doormat (review that next).
Had a couple of Bushwackers (signature drink I think with Bailey's, Creme to Cacao and Vodka, kinda like a Mudslide). Delicious. Had their special all-you-can eat shrimp. Delicious. I also had the gumbo, which was rich, with lots of crayfish. Service was pleasant and fun. Great atmosphere. Will definitely be back!!

1  Thank Kristy M

Been to Pink Pony Pub? Share your experiences!