“alright”
Review of Mud Bugs

Mud Bugs
Ranked #117 of 176 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Dining options: Late Night
Description: 4 Blocks from the beach on your right hand side going north on hwy 59
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Good people and food. Just the music was not all the best that nite. Techno music is ok but change it up a little.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Cause that's what they'd get!! Sign outside said Oysters 6.00 a dozen...None available, because " the kitchen was closed" at 3 in the afternoon!! This dark place seemed to be needing a GOOD cleaning..and maybe some new staff members!! The friendly people of AL did not work here!

4  Thank chicfrenchweaver
Kamil M, Owner at Mud Bugs, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Sorry that your experience seemed to be less than stellar. During the winter months we only offered food during the late afternoons and evening...no lunch was available. The bar is a dark bar because we are a late night dancing and karaoke spot for locals and visitors alike. We'd love for you to come back sometime and dance the night away with us.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I've spent my share of time on both sides of the bar at Mud Bugs, for many years. When I first moved to town in '03, it's where I met the people who have over the years proven themselves to be my friends. Even as a new kid in town, I never felt 'outted' or shunned because I wasn't a local. In just a few visits, it became my favorite place to hang out. The Bug is not your typical restaurant, its a PUB and CLUB, just like the sign reads, though you can have a great steak or your normal bar munchies. The owners and staff are very accomidating and welcome guests of all sorts, tourist and locals alike. Mud Bugs is a night life hot spot and all that it entails. Proud to call this my favorite local bar along with many other good people. When I'm on vacation, this is the kind of spot that I look for. Proven fact, the best place is where the locals hang out, and for Gulf Shores, that's The Bug!!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The only time I have been to Mud Bugs I was not impressed at all.
The lighting was dark. The help was unfreindly and indifferent. The patrons were unfreindly and rude. I was spooked by the place. The group I was with said they felt unwelcome and unwanted. On top of all that, they didn't even have any crawfish.

2  Thank Tom R
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I'm not very spoken about things but iv'e been going to mud bugs for 10 years iv'e always had a good time never complained about anything, service personal bartenders are polite and never rude unless your a real pain in the you know. Food is great can't beat thier oysters. When i go out I go to mud bugs ALWAYS!!!

1  Thank George G