“Bouncers are thugs”
Review of Mud Bugs

Mud Bugs
Ranked #117 of 176 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Dining options: Late Night
Description: 4 Blocks from the beach on your right hand side going north on hwy 59
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Harassed by bouncers even though the locals were allowed to stay. Tried to explain that were waiting on a DD to pick us up. Bouncers continued to Harass us and tell us the bar closes at 2:30 but websites states 3:00am and all locals were exempt from this rule. Typical crappy bar that picks on the non locals and could care less about making people feel
Welcome. Side note: amberlee in the outside was very nice, too bad she had to work at this dump.

1  Thank RyanMad
Kamil M, Owner at Mud Bugs, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

even after i spoke to you and explained to you when its time to go its time to go some people just dont get it

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We should have gotten a clue not to visit Mud Bugs when every other restaurant is packed with people all around this place and Mud Bugs has two cars in the whole parking lot! Absolutely unfriendly and rude. They make it real clear that they only serve locals who live in Gulf Shores. If you are visiting they don't want you there. I have no idea how they keep this place open.

1  Thank Atomic-Style
Kamil M, Owner at Mud Bugs, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

you should check our sign we are not a typicall restaurant !

Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is not a place i would suggest to anyone. My table was maybe 1 of 6 that was in there and it took an hour for our food (wings and fries) to come out. The waitress failed to mention there is a $20 dollar min for credit cards so in the end we had to each spend that much which is ridiculous, but to add to it, after checking my bank statement i noticed she charged me $30 and when i called to ask for my money back the manager says "he cant find the receipt" and accuses me of being drunk and ordering more than i thought. (I'm 19 and I left at 9:30). I have been calling for 2 weeks trying to get a refund and have yet to see my money. This place is a trashy bar with scamming management.

3  Thank Annie B
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We went for the crawfish and they were very good. It appears that it may be a local hangout. Since we were there early in the evening, I'm not sure what the crowd is like later on. There is a small dance floor and had a guy playing music. There is also a pole on the dance floor but didn't witness any pole dancing this trip. There was outdoor seating, covered and uncovered, that I heard the waitress say smoking was allowed. There is also a pool table. I would visit again just for the mudbugs and cold beer.

2  Thank love2travel42
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 28, 2007

Like the entertainment but not so much the people. Mike says white trash central

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook