“Still delicious!!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is the second time I have been to the Oyster House, had friends drive down from Ohio to Birmingham. We spent 3 days in Gulf Shores and wanted them to try this restaurant, the first day we drove by the lines were very long so we decided to go on Thursday after 7 and the lines were crazy long so we decided to go Friday early like around 4. There was no wait and the food was delicious I had steamed oysters and should have gotten a full order and made this my dinner. Our friends really loved the food especially the peanut butter pie.

There are newer reviews for Original Oyster House

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We eat here every summer, and we have never been disappointed. We usually go for late lunch between 2 and 4:00 to avoid lines. This year we were there around 5:30, just before the crowd hit. The expanded restaurant meant there are tables that have no view, and we were disappointed about getting one of those tables. Our waiter was very friendly, and our section filled up right away. No matter, we had excellent service, and the food was dependable. I had snapper with turnip greens and cheese grits. It was all good and way more food than I could eat. Even with no view, we still enjoyed ourselves; and we bought gumbo to take home for later.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

First, I am a very picky person. This was NOT the place for me. The food was average at best. The carpet was extremely dirty at 9 in the evening when we went. The first night we tried to go, the wait was over two hours so we opted for something else. We were very eager to try this restaurant because we saw it advertised so much. I did not enjoy this meal at all! This is one step above a dive and not in a good way. I think this is a place that you will either love or hate, no in between. My husband who is not very picky person described it as "old, tired and dirty."

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Family tables, fun kids menus, wonderful crab stuffed catch of the day for $12 , cold tea, relaxing out of the sun, good service, good food 4 stars

1  Thank famlof5
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Family enjoyed lunch and had a good time, One thing that you can count on is the food is always good, the staff is always great and willing to make sure that you have a great expierence. This is a great place to try the steamed oyster sampler.

1  Thank Beatuscaloosa