“Always busy but worth the wait”

Original Oyster House
Ranked #9 of 161 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Birmingham, Alabama
“Always busy but worth the wait”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is the largest restaurant in Gulf Shores,but one of the best.Great bar while you wait.This place has a great menu from gumbo to fried or broiled seafood.The salad bar is always stocked with many selections to complement the seafood selections.The oysters are my favorite ,fried,broiled,or raw.

Preston Lawley

• Visited May 2012

Nashville
“baked oysters--great. Rest just fair”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had the baked oysters sampler and it was 1st class. I very literally licked the plate. The rest of our food was fair--not great. My wife had crab claws, they were nothing special. My son had fried shrimp which was also very pedestrian. I had grouper and it was ok, but not great. The portion sizes were huge, but I would have preferred better quality (I am 6'5" and 230# so I don't wish for smaller portions often)

• Visited February 2013
Nashville, TN
“Always great”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a must for us every trip to the area. Best food and value around. You can't go wrong ordering anything on the menu. But we're partial to the shrimp.

East Troy
“Love the Oyster House!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We generally eat at the Oyster House at least one time when we are in Gulf Shores. We enjoy their salad bar, menu variety and love the gumbo! The Oyster House has a great view and a very casual atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013
Gulf Shores, Alabama
“great oysters at The Original Oyster House”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I love my oystesrs, fried, baked or raw, and this is a good place to get your fill. And the gumbo is terrific. I even went back and bought a quart for dinner a few nights after eating dinner there. Will definitely go back.

Visited January 2013