“Better than normal”

Ranked #23 of 166 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Casual Family Dining Since 1987!
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went to Mikee's for dinner tonight 3-10-12

Food - we both ordered fried catfish. was fantastic. Also got salads, I didn't like the green onion vinaigrette so the server brought oil and vinegar. Seems like portion size of salad has gotten smaller. I miss the wooden bowls. Bring those back!! Ordered key lime pie for dessert. Server said it was homemade there and it was perfect - very tart and creamy!! Overall very very above average food.

Service - Elena was our server. She was very knowledgeable about the menu and was very very good! Once we asked for something (extra napkins, more tarter sauce, etc) she had it to us immediately. The restaurant was very busy and we noticed she had a large table in the middle part of the dining room and another table at the complete opposite side of the restaurant from us but she never missed a beat. She was probably the best server we've had here on the island since we moved here (over 2yrs)

Cleanliness - restrooms were very clean, dining room clean and tables cleaned very quickly by the busboys.

Manager thanked us as we left.

Overall a great experience and worth every penny spent.

The only negative I would say is that they don't have a coloring sheet or crayons for the little ones. Thankfully I always carry a coloring book in the car for trips.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Mikee's was packed the day we ate there. There had been a BOGO coupon in the newspaper and everyone was taking advantage of it. We had about a 20 minute wait which gave us the opportunity to look at the pictures of the hurricane Ivan (2004) and the damage it had done; there's a watermark about 5 feet up on the wall where the water had risen to.

It was worth the wait. The wait staff handled the two of us very well even though our waitress was also handling a table of 12. We had the seafood medley (shrimp, crawfish, scallops over rice). It was very tasty although It was mostly shrimp with a scallop or two.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stopped for an early dinner because we had a BOGO coupon, plus a gifr certificate. Probably won't go back. Friendly staff but waiter wasn't that great. He brought our hot bread but no butter and had to ask. He took my salad plate, along with my knife and had to ask for another one.He wasn't sure of the drink specials for the day. Had he mentioned he was new, all would be forgiven. Food was OK. The lettuce in the dinner salad needed cutting but was difficult in the dish it was served in. My husband ordered "seasoned cabbage" and was surprised to get coleslaw. He had fried clam dinner and I ordered a Mikee's Chicken (chicken and shrimp over rice). Both were edible but nothing OMG. Great daily drink specials.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

If you like seafood you need to try this place.I had the seafood platter an it was more than I could eat.My wife had the shrimp an it was amazing too.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We eat at Mikee's Seafood often because it is THE BEST Seafood (and the best price) in the Gulf Shores / Orange Beach Alabama area. When we have family and friends visit from out of the area we take them to Mikee's Seafood - they usually request a repeat visit to Mikee's before leaving and it's FIRST on the list for repeat guests.

The atmosphere is NOT fancy - the wait staff is unpretentious and the food is EXCELLENT.

"nuff said" :-)

Been to Mikee's Seafood? Share your experiences!