“Sea-n-Suds - consistently good food”

Sea-N-Suds Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 163 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Each time we go to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, we make sure to stop by Sea-n-Suds. It's not fancy or gourmet, just consistently good food. This time around, we enjoyed the fried shrimp and salad bar.

Sometimes there is a bit of a wait for an inside table. But, the view of the ocean, seating, and bar on the deck make the wait for a table pleasant.

There are newer reviews for Sea-N-Suds Restaurant

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We ate here on August 9, went early to beat the crowd, no problem getting in. Service was fine but what a dissapointment. Had raw oysters, seafood platter and the kids had a cheeseburger. The raw oysters were fine. Not fishy and tasted great. The seafood platter was another story. Being from Louisiana I am used to lots of seafood. There was nothing on this platter that resembled fresh seafood. The shrimp, oysters, and fish were flavorless and not even fried well. The stuffed crab was not edible and seemed like any stuffed crab in your local freezer section. I understand why this place is crowded because the location is fantastic. Right on the beach at the main intersection in Gulf Shores, but if you are looking for great food this is not it!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

You just can't go to Gulf Shores and NOT eat at Sea-N-Suds! My parents started me at this place when I was a kid and I've taken my children there every year my own family visits Gulf Shores. They are now grown. I am gray around the edges, and I hope they continue with our tradition of making sure to keep the tradition alive. This is a review of lunch time. We have learned over the years that a lunch time meal is quicker, better, and less crowded. That goes for eating at any of the restaurants in such a heavily populated area. I had fried oysters and shrimp with fried crab claws as an appetizer. Fresh and delicious gulf seafood!! I will be back year after year and I always recommend this place for good food at a good price, and a great family tradition. Sea-N-Suds is a survivor of storm and hurricane for a reason. It is Gulf Shores. It is tradition. Love this place!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

The food was fresh and cooked just right. The waitstaff was friendly and always around to provide good service. We ate shrimp, stuffed crab, gumbo, cheeseburger, wings, and fried mozzarella - all was really good. And it's fun that you make your own cocktail sauce so that you can make it as hot or mild as you prefer. For a table of 5 adults we ate for less then $80, can't beat that many other places.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I'm a seafood lover and this place nails it for me when it comes to fried shrimp. They have all the ingredients you need to make the best cocktail to accompany it as well. It's fun, fast, reasonable and right on the beach. Parking is a challenge but worth the hassle. It's not fancy...very casual. We've been twice now on two different trips to the area and I'd go back again tomorrow if I could. Don't miss the opportunity to eat here while you are in town!!!