“Refreshingly delicious!!!”
Review of Cactus Flower Cafe - CLOSED

Cactus Flower Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We really thought this place had delicious food. They use different seasoning than the typical Mexican restaurant. It was a refreshing change for once. The quacamole appitizer is amazing!!! Never had anything quite like it before. I had the Santa Fe Enchiladas and they were delicious. Our waiter Paul was very knowledgeable about the food and very nice. Their chips do taste like store bought but not that big of a deal to me. The prices are a little higher than a normal Mexican restaurant, but not outrageous. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a change to the typical Mexican!

There are newer reviews for Cactus Flower Cafe

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had the Mahi Mahi Tacos and the California sandwich (cant remember exact name) Both were wonderful. The food was light and fresh and well seasoned. The decorations were nice with paintings from a local artist. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We've been here 3 times. The first two times, it was great. Unfortunately on our last visit, we got food poisoning. As much we enjoyed our first two visits, we will not be back. We called the restaurant the next day and we hoped they would reimburse the money we spent. Instead, they offer to buy us our next meal. I'm sorry but that was not acceptable. Imagine what that would sound like to you after being violently sick for 12 hours. I've never written a bad review before but between getting so sick and the way they "handle" the situation, I thought something should be said. Just beware if you are considering going to this restaurant.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

On a girls shopping trip we stopped here for lunch. It is a fairly new restaurant that we hadn't tried before. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. A must try is the guacamole appetizer.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I am a true Mexican food aficionado. I loved their top shelf Margaritas and at less than $7 a very good value. We also liked their salsa...but not the store bought chips. Not that I am against store bought chips...they were simply far too salty, served cold, and obvious. My wife ordered the Verde enchiladas, one with chicken and one pork. They were served hot and spiced just right. Unfortunately the rice was cold and the beans barely warm...what's that all about? I ordered the crisp Tacos, one shredded beef and one chicken. The Tacos shells were excellent and the fillings were good. Again the the rice was cold and the beans barely warm.

My wife rated Cactus Flower as being average...for her, as one who doesn't like Mexican food...that's not bad. I liked it overall better than she did, but agreed no place that brags about preparing every dish to order and about making their own Taco shells can get away with store bought chips and food not being served piping hot. The chips decision has to be an economic one and makes one wonder where else corners are being cut??? I will give them one more try.

As I said, a lot right, but the small stuff makes all the difference.