“Friendly and Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of S & S Seafood Market

S & S Seafood Market
Ranked #15 of 152 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
“Friendly and Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had been here last year during our family vacation, and this year we had to return here it was a MUST, we stayed across the street in a condo for a week, and I think we must of had it about 4-5 times during our stay, we got a variety of items and they were all fantastic, the smoked tuna dip was unbelievable, we even brought three back home to Oklahoma with us, the next excellent thing was the blacken snapper, note worthy was the new potatoes, also the "Hot and sweet" shrimp was delicious we got it to split and my husband ate almost all of it by his self it was his person favorite. Also we wanted to mention the staff, every time we went to order the guys were so helpful not only to give suggestions during ordering, but local attractions, and they genuinely love working here, its more than a job to them, its a life. We barely are back and I am sad to have to wait a year till we go back. Enjoy it for me!

2 Thank Juanita M

“Dishonest and rude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We watched the employee weigh 3 lbs of the large shrimp to be steamed. They told us it would be ready in 15 min. We came back and I had to wait another 20.(ok) When I got my small package, I paid and went back to the car and everyone agreed that is not the right size or amount of shrimp, I went back in and kindly asked how many pounds it was. He could have weighed it and settled the problem, but he stammered around and asked what I wanted to do. He eventually gave me another pound of raw shrimp, and the boys behind the counter were making rude comments. Unless you watch them weigh it and leave, these people are skimming shrimp from you!

4 Thank Elliecath
Overland Park, Kansas
“Good Food! Service is OK??”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had food from here 2 times during our week long stay and both times I'd rate it good for the cost $$. The service could use some work. The 1st visit we had a great guy help us out, he was very friendly, answered questions and overall a nice guy. The 2nd visit he was working the kitchen and the person out front was exact opposite. Not friendly, looked annoyed you were there and very unhelpful. I'd recommend to the owner to keep him in the kitchen and away from the customers. Also, the do not have a posted menu, but printed menus on the right side counter. I say lots of customers walk in trying to find prices (me included) and they don't really point you to the menu. Overall, food was good, service okay. I'd eat there again but only because the price was right.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“OK, but explore other options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were there early on a Thursday, around 5, and it was pretty empty. Seafood was fresh, we cooked it back at our house though. Even though we were about the only ones in the place, the guy didn't seem overly interested in answering our questions about where the fish was caught. I would check other places for ready to cook seafood in the future, there's plenty of them around town.

Baton Rouge
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Inconsistent”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Have been twice and both times were drastically different. First the service was great but I bought several filets of fish and 2 were bad. I had to defrost chicken so everyone could be fed.

• Visited May 2013