All reviewsclubhouse poolvillage hideawaycoast restaurantoff the beaten pathcatalina buildingfort morgankids activitiesice cream shopgreat resortthrough vrbovideo gameschairs and umbrellasgreat family vacationbath condospring breakpools were niceminute drive
Reviewed August 15, 2007

Check my profile - I hardly ever give 5 stars. Heres why.

We stayed for 3 nights-2 couples. This complex is about 12 miles from the main gulf shores area, so every time you want to go buy seafood, play mini golf, etc... you have that extra drive. To keep in mind. We went twice, no biggie. Arrive well prepared (though the store on site is pretty good).

Check in at 3pm was hassle free, the unit - Avalon 802 was very clean, had the best view of the 4 buildings - I would say look for the numbers that correspond to that building. you get corner unites that overlook the pool area and beach, from the side. Inside was very nice, bigger than expected and had the amenities you would expect from a furnished condo. Plus HBO and 120 channels. Obviously each condo is different, I can only take mine as the average and it was great.

The beach was beautiful and we never heard the word jellyfish. The pools and grounds were huge and well kept. The clubhouse had free DVD rental, free video games, bar, restos, indoor pool, gym, etc...

Back to the room - we had a couple of problems figuring out a couple of things and then at 6pm or so we got a call from the front desk asking if we had any questions. We asked and were promptly answered. We were very impressed.

This is not a 5 star place. There are no drink runners, the building and some doors could use a paint job, elevators could be upgraded, and other small things. But nothing major and for the price it was incredible! About $100 per night per couple at a beautiful beach complex right out of the carribean. Bring your food and the family will have a great time (and yes-very family oriented here singles could be bored unless looking for R & R only).

I am from Canada and was visiting family in New Orleans, if I ever get the chance I would return here for mini golf, go-karting and arcades at night, and an awesome resort to unwind at during the day. Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
7  Thank raveman2001
Reviewed August 9, 2007

Stayed with girlfriends on Mother's Day weekend in Bristol 707. It invites you to "relax, rejuvenate, revive" as you walk in and that's just what we did! We watched 2 weddings from our balcony and enjoyed the band for the reception! Beach is beautiful and resort is first class! I'll be back again soon I hope!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank CajunBeachBum
Reviewed July 22, 2007

This is our second trip to Beach Club and our first since the Gulf hurricanes of the last couple of years. While I'm not ready to buy one of these units, I am ready to stop searching for the perfect family base camp.

We rented a three bedroom three bath unit on the 20th floor of the Bristol Tower during peak season (late July). At a rate of just under $300 I challenge anyone to find a better bargain for a family of five. Let's do a quick review and one will have trouble arguing:

1) I work in the hospitality industry and consider myself well traveled in North America and Europe. I have yet to see better white sand beaches anywhere on the east coast, west coast, florida, hawaii, any caribbean island and even the Greek Isles. Who woulda thunk it - right in Alabama - Luxurious beaches. Beach Club is located about 12 miles West of somewhat overcrowded Gulf Shores and Orange Beach so you are also comfortably removed from the "redneck riviera" while being able to drive in when you want to explore your inner redneck.

2) Accommodations - the room is spacious, I don't know the square footage but the master bedroom has a balcony, walk-in closet, oversized bathroom with jacuzzi. The living room has a flat panel TV, DVD, Surround Sound, balcony, comfortable furniture. A dining room table is next to the kitchen with granite counters and upgraded appliances. Yes, a full washer/dryer and two somewhat smaller bedrooms that are perfect for the kids. Yes, two additional bathrooms as well so that when everyone wants to clean up after a long day at the pool and beach everyone can retreat to their own areas.

3) Amenities - Five pools for the four towers and what seems to be close to a mile of pure white sand with someone to help you with anything. What's to complain about. Somedays the water is as smooth as glass, other days you can get a little splash and therefore get out the boogie boards. In addition there is a nice village market that is somewhat overpriced, but not ridiculously, and a somewhat overpriced restaurant when you don't want to cook and also don't want to make the jaunt to Gulf Shores.

4) Yes, those inner geeks that also need the creature comforts of the internet can also find high speed internet in most condos as well as free internet cafe at the village market.

Now I'm sure there are some units better than others, so do your research first. We stayed at Bristol 2007 - a good condo AND a good year! We'll do it again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank bluffsmith
Reviewed June 23, 2007

We stayed in Catalina 604 during the mid-June. While unpacking, we found a syringe under our bed. We called to complain, and they sent someone up to do a room check to make sure that nothing else was amiss. They offered to refund the cleaning fee we received, but it was not credited back to our account. The condo itself had scuffed walls and dirty carpet.

We also experienced several long powere outages during our stay as well. (not due to inclement weather) I had two friends staying within a few miles who did not experience these outages at their resorts.

I know our experience was not the norm, but I really expected more. I will say the access to the beach was great, and the resort had many nice amenities.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank cowsandgolf
Reviewed June 16, 2007

What a Great place to stay with your family! We had a 3 bed 3 bath in the Avalon Tower and it was great! The food , the beach and the pools were awesome! We will go back again !!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family