$218
$198
$179
$142
$127
Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores(Gulf Shores)(Great Value!)
$206
$186
Staybridge.com
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms(Gulf Shores)(Great Value!)
$161
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsclubhouse poolvillage hideawaycoast restaurantoff the beaten pathcatalina buildingfort morgankids activitiesice cream shopgreat resortthrough vrbogreat family vacationchairs and umbrellasbath condospring breakpools were niceoff seasonminute drive
Reviewed July 23, 2015 via mobile

1st --- The condo we rented B1203 was GREAT!! The owner FABULOUS to work with. We were one of two couples and my daughter who rented the condo. My friend dealt with Nancy the majority of the time and she was wonderful to deal with a quick to respond, very polite, and pleasant. The condo was well stocked, decorated nicely, cleaned well and we just couldn't be happier with it.

2nd -- the Beach Club. On our second evening here, July 19, some of us were inside the condo and one was trying to get in. The code wouldn't work so we tried to open the door and found we couldn't open the door to let them in. They couldn't get in and we couldn't get out. Something finally happened where we could get the door open but then we couldn't get the door back open so we called security who got someone to come up and look at the door. Maintenance had went home for the evening so after determining that there was a problem, they called maintenance back out for the evening. It took the Maintenance guy a bit to get here...it was around 10pm but everyone responded very quickly. The man acted a little irritated that he was called, stated that there wasn't anything wrong with the Door, and my husband had to show him how the door would not unlatch....the man asked if we thought it necessary to have it fixed tonight, he could work on it in the morning, my husband explained that if there were a fire, we didn't want to be locked in with no way out, the man pointed to the front bedroom and said, "there's a window right there." I was very surprised by that response...what is someone needed to go to the hospital before morning, what if someone needed to get out before the morning, the maintenance mans attitude was very unprofessional. We said it needed to be fixed tonight so he went an got one piece and changed it out on the lock which made the door open better and then he would replace something else in the morning. The next morning another maintenance man showed up, worked on the lock some more and was very polite and apologized for any inconvenience. The grounds are well kept at the beach club, but the maintenance seems to be a little lacking, the next day one of the pool lights had came loose and was floating on top of the water....one of the pools had a lot of foamy scum on it that had to be scooped up, the lobby was dirty and wet (I know with the beach and pools it has to be hard to keep clean) and the beach club main pool....there is a grill and bar there with exercise equipment but to access that you have to pay a fee per day per how many bedrooms you have in your condo. It wasn't a big deal as we had a pool and cooked many of our meals or went to town, but I was a little surprised that this area couldn't be accessed without paying more.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank jamiern
Spectrum_Resorts, General Manager at The Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2015

Thank your for your review and I'm sorry that you had some lock challenges. I'm glad that Spectrum responded quickly and will coach our team member about the lock issue and hospitality needed.

When you rent through Spectrum, your daily club house access is covered in the fees as opposed to having to pay a daily fee. We hope to see you and your family again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed July 21, 2015

We stayed here with a large group that used at least 8 units. Our party had units on the 1st, 3rd, 9th, 10th, and 11th floors of the Bristol building. It would have definitely been my preference to be on the 5th floor or above for the best view. We were on the 3rd floor, and while we could see the beach, the view on this level was primarily of the pool. We didn't get the panoramic ocean perspective of the higher floors, which was quite stunning.

The units varied by owners' tastes, of course, but all had relatively similar standards and levels of maintenance. Our 3rd floor unit's sliding glass doors needed to be resealed because they fogged over in the heat of the day and obscured the view. I also didn't like the mild smokey-mildew odor in our unit, but we noticed it less and less throughout our stay. I would say our unit was the shabbiest of all units assigned to our group due to these issues, but we were pretty pleased with our stay at The Beach Club overall.

I loved that the beach was so much less crowded in Fort Morgan than on the main strip in Gulf Shores, but it was a 15 minute drive back to civilization (i.e. groceries, restaurants, attractions). This worked for us.

Room Tip: Obviously, higher floors have more stunning views
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank J L
Reviewed July 20, 2015 via mobile

We rented the Bristol Penthouse 3 and were very disappointed! If this is a penthouse then my 3400 sq ft house is a mansion. To call this a penthouse is a gross exaggeration! It says it will sleep 8 but only has seating in the living room for 4 and seating for 6 at the dining room. The rooms were so small that only half the drawers in one of the dressers would open all the way because it was so close to the bed. The built in microwave didn't work so they had to bring in a counter top tacky one that took up too much of the already small amount of counter space. We rented this for a family gathering and had 13 family members in 2 condos and hoped this would be our gathering space but we felt like sardines. 1200 sq ft is way too small to be considered a penthouse especially for what we paid for it. We love the Beach Club and have been there several times but were not happy with this visit! I also requested a survey or review 3 times with out any help so I decided to voice my thoughts here. Not to mention there was a pair of boxers at the foot of one of the beds that didn't belong to us.

Spectrum Resorts
Beach Resort
8,027 likes

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Valerie F
Spectrum_Resorts, General Manager at The Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2015

Thank you for your review and I apologize that you did not like your unit. I sent you an email with my cell number and would like to talk with you at your convenience. Thank you.

Reviewed July 20, 2015

We had a wonderful vacation week here, staying on the 10th floor of the Bristol building. Travelling were me, my wife, and 3 kids ages 12, 13, and 17. We stayed in a two-bedroom condo with the oldest sleeping on the pull-out couch and the youngest in bunk beds in bedroom 2.

The condo was clean and comfortable, and there were beach chairs and an umbrella available for us, which was most welcome. The pictures on the website of the condo and the whole property were all recent and representative of what we found in person.

While there is free Wi-Fi, it went down for two days. This can be classified as a “first-world problem,” but I did have to work some while on this trip and so this was a very real problem. We had strong 4G signal on both Verizon and Sprint that provided a bit of a workaround. When the signal worked, it was a speedy connection.

I had been concerned before the trips about the elevators, but the four elevators were speedy enough. Even during busy times we never had to wait an unusual length of time for an elevator, which has been a common problem even in nice hotels.

All the staff we dealt with were friendly and professional. Our front door handle broke the second day we were there, and the maintenance staff had it replaced very quickly on a Sunday morning.

Our last two days of the trip dolphins showed up only about 10-20 yards from the shoreline. Very exciting!

Our fellow visitors were all friendly and pleasant to be around. No one played too-loud music, and second-hand smoke was a very minor problem (I’m very aware whenever cigarette smoke is around!). Amazingly, I didn't see one case of crazy teenage behavior.

A minor disappointment: I took two of the adult tennis clinics. I would only give these clinics a “C.” I am an active, lifelong player and have taken many clinics through the years, and there just wasn’t anything to distinguish these. However, the courts are well-maintained. Combining the clay courts with the surrounding landscaping, the temperature on court is noticeably cooler (well, ‘less hot’) than in the parking lots around the courts.

There are some minor “attention to detail” items that the resort misses. For example, as I write this, the website still gives the hours for the Village Creamery (ice cream parlor) as 10-5. Those are actually their off season hours and they are open 10-10 during the summer.

Overall, I can highly recommend The Beach Club for a family vacation. We felt we got excellent value for what we paid.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
3  Thank Dan L

Thank you for your review and for highly recommending The Beach Club for a family vacation! Please contact me directly if I can ever help you and your family, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2015 via mobile

This place is definitely NOT in thick of the Gulf Shore crowds and that's why lots of people like it plus it's the only a 15 min drive to the GS restaurants. I can't say anything good about the main restaurant but the Sports Bar food and service is good. Nice place for families.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family