All reviewsclubhouse poolvillage hideawaycoast restaurantoff the beaten pathcatalina buildingfort morgankids activitiesice cream shopgreat resortthrough vrbovideo gameschairs and umbrellasgreat family vacationbath condospring breakpools were niceminute drive
Reviewed July 21, 2015

We stayed here with a large group that used at least 8 units. Our party had units on the 1st, 3rd, 9th, 10th, and 11th floors of the Bristol building. It would have definitely been my preference to be on the 5th floor or above for the best view. We were on the 3rd floor, and while we could see the beach, the view on this level was primarily of the pool. We didn't get the panoramic ocean perspective of the higher floors, which was quite stunning.

The units varied by owners' tastes, of course, but all had relatively similar standards and levels of maintenance. Our 3rd floor unit's sliding glass doors needed to be resealed because they fogged over in the heat of the day and obscured the view. I also didn't like the mild smokey-mildew odor in our unit, but we noticed it less and less throughout our stay. I would say our unit was the shabbiest of all units assigned to our group due to these issues, but we were pretty pleased with our stay at The Beach Club overall.

I loved that the beach was so much less crowded in Fort Morgan than on the main strip in Gulf Shores, but it was a 15 minute drive back to civilization (i.e. groceries, restaurants, attractions). This worked for us.

Room Tip: Obviously, higher floors have more stunning views
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank J L
Reviewed July 20, 2015 via mobile

We rented the Bristol Penthouse 3 and were very disappointed! If this is a penthouse then my 3400 sq ft house is a mansion. To call this a penthouse is a gross exaggeration! It says it will sleep 8 but only has seating in the living room for 4 and seating for 6 at the dining room. The rooms were so small that only half the drawers in one of the dressers would open all the way because it was so close to the bed. The built in microwave didn't work so they had to bring in a counter top tacky one that took up too much of the already small amount of counter space. We rented this for a family gathering and had 13 family members in 2 condos and hoped this would be our gathering space but we felt like sardines. 1200 sq ft is way too small to be considered a penthouse especially for what we paid for it. We love the Beach Club and have been there several times but were not happy with this visit! I also requested a survey or review 3 times with out any help so I decided to voice my thoughts here. Not to mention there was a pair of boxers at the foot of one of the beds that didn't belong to us.

Spectrum Resorts
Beach Resort
8,027 likes

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Valerie F
Spectrum_Resorts, General Manager at The Beach Club Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2015

Thank you for your review and I apologize that you did not like your unit. I sent you an email with my cell number and would like to talk with you at your convenience. Thank you.

Reviewed July 20, 2015

We had a wonderful vacation week here, staying on the 10th floor of the Bristol building. Travelling were me, my wife, and 3 kids ages 12, 13, and 17. We stayed in a two-bedroom condo with the oldest sleeping on the pull-out couch and the youngest in bunk beds in bedroom 2.

The condo was clean and comfortable, and there were beach chairs and an umbrella available for us, which was most welcome. The pictures on the website of the condo and the whole property were all recent and representative of what we found in person.

While there is free Wi-Fi, it went down for two days. This can be classified as a “first-world problem,” but I did have to work some while on this trip and so this was a very real problem. We had strong 4G signal on both Verizon and Sprint that provided a bit of a workaround. When the signal worked, it was a speedy connection.

I had been concerned before the trips about the elevators, but the four elevators were speedy enough. Even during busy times we never had to wait an unusual length of time for an elevator, which has been a common problem even in nice hotels.

All the staff we dealt with were friendly and professional. Our front door handle broke the second day we were there, and the maintenance staff had it replaced very quickly on a Sunday morning.

Our last two days of the trip dolphins showed up only about 10-20 yards from the shoreline. Very exciting!

Our fellow visitors were all friendly and pleasant to be around. No one played too-loud music, and second-hand smoke was a very minor problem (I’m very aware whenever cigarette smoke is around!). Amazingly, I didn't see one case of crazy teenage behavior.

A minor disappointment: I took two of the adult tennis clinics. I would only give these clinics a “C.” I am an active, lifelong player and have taken many clinics through the years, and there just wasn’t anything to distinguish these. However, the courts are well-maintained. Combining the clay courts with the surrounding landscaping, the temperature on court is noticeably cooler (well, ‘less hot’) than in the parking lots around the courts.

There are some minor “attention to detail” items that the resort misses. For example, as I write this, the website still gives the hours for the Village Creamery (ice cream parlor) as 10-5. Those are actually their off season hours and they are open 10-10 during the summer.

Overall, I can highly recommend The Beach Club for a family vacation. We felt we got excellent value for what we paid.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
3  Thank Dan L

Thank you for your review and for highly recommending The Beach Club for a family vacation! Please contact me directly if I can ever help you and your family, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2015 via mobile

This place is definitely NOT in thick of the Gulf Shore crowds and that's why lots of people like it plus it's the only a 15 min drive to the GS restaurants. I can't say anything good about the main restaurant but the Sports Bar food and service is good. Nice place for families.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
3  Thank Mudwalker68
Reviewed July 16, 2015

We have stayed at the Beach Club many times and always enjoy our visit. The resort is beautiful and the amenities are great. We took advantage of the spa this time - unfortunately my massage got cancelled the day before but my daughter thoroughly enjoyed. The restaurants are fantastic as well.

Room Tip: Cottages are wonderful for families.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family

We are glad that you enjoyed the resort, amenities and restaurants! Thank you for visiting The Beach Club and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.