All reviewsclubhouse poolvillage hideawaycoast restaurantoff the beaten pathcatalina buildingfort morgankids activitiesice cream shopgreat resortthrough vrbovideo gameschairs and umbrellasgreat family vacationbath condospring breakpools were niceminute drive
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Very, very nice resort that is off the beaten path and away from all of the touristy parts of Gulf Shores. Onsite restaurant is one of the better ones in all of the area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank commuterstevespe
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We have gone 3 years in a row, over the 4th of July break. We stayed in the penthouse. The view of the fireworks were eye level, which is a really neat thing to see. We were in the Avalon section. There are a few down falls, which is no fault of the facilities. On Saturday everyone goes down to the pool to "save a seat" with their beach towels. We went to go for a swim... no one was at the pool and there was no place to sit! You are not supposed to save seats, but everyone does it anyway. We wanted to grill out and all the grills were taken when we went over, it would be nice if they had more grilling stations. There is a golf cart that will take you around to the different areas so you don't have to walk a far. It would be nice if they ran the carts more than every 15 minutes. The beach didn't have any oil present like it did a few years back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank cataws
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Unbelieveable hotel.. with great staff.I couldn't agree more with the amazing reviews of this place.. they are simply as amazing as the place! I love coming home to Gulg Shores and this is the only place i would stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Rooms:

Sheer brilliance! Had everything i could have wanted. 2 bedrooms each with own bath, a half bath in the hallway, full kitchen sully stocked sans food, washer and dryer i could have kissed. Do you know how awesome it is to wash your clothes on vacation. Tvs in each room and in living area. The balcony was un-Godly huge.

Came with retro video games, blankets. Pure awesome.

The hotel had a restaurant which was delicious, best hamburger to this day. Also had a store/cafeteria. The store had everything you would need and the cafeteria had some delicious gumbo.

All the restaurants in Gulf Shores and including Orange Beach were superb, best seafood ever.

I love this place the beach was awesome the only thing they needed was a beach bar.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sweetdeesignz
Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed at The Beach Club for our 1 year anniversary and we had a wonderful time. We picked the location because it was secluded and we wanted a quite peaceful resort with a restaurant and spa. The full-service resort was important to us because we did not want to leave once we got there, even though it was only a short drive to town.
The beaches were amazing and the grounds were perfectly manicured. The room was so clean and nice, the view was spectacular and the staff was very friendly. It was so nice to stay somewhere that had everything you needed for the entire stay. The service and the food at the restaurant, Southbeach, was great and everyone was so kind. The fried green tomatoes and the fresh fish were amazing; We want to go back just to eat there. I am hoping my family will vote on us staying there this Thanksgiving. The Thanksgiving menu at the restaurant looks amazing.
My husband enjoyed a sports massage at the resorts Sirena del Sol Spa while I relaxed with a mani/pedi. I would recommend everyone going here. Since my return, we have reserved another stay there in the spring and we can't wait until then.

Room Tip: All rooms have a gulf view!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple