“Returned after 2 years, still a great choice.”

Hog Wild Beach & BBQ
Ranked #9 of 162 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Established 2014! Locally owned and operated! All food prepared and cooked on site, daily! Come try us out and leave us a review!
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Returned after 2 years, still a great choice.”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I first reviewed Hog Wild back in 2011. The food then was great and I am happy to say I returned with my family again and found it equally good.
The interior decor has changed a little, last time it was a sort of rock and roll theme, this time they have gone a little more towards a sports theme.
Service was the only downside, could be a little friendlier.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MickWW
Cglosson10, Owner at Hog Wild Beach & BBQ, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hello, I received your review and I am so sorry that you did not have the best experience at Hog Wild. I am the person that works the front and also am the owner. I try to be friendly to everyone and would love to hear feedback from you on how your visit could have been better. Thank You.

Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“Surprisingly YUM!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

It looks like a run down BBQ shack but that is so misleading!

The food is delicious, although I would love to see a salad added to the menu. We had ribs, smoked turkey, brisket and pork. Although the smoked turkey rocked and the ribs and brisket were tender, your mouth will do a happy dance when it is filled with the pulled pork. The dressing on the cole slaw got split reviews at our table of four but it was tasty! Service was top-notch and so friendly! We will be back!

Columbia, Illinois
“decent bbq”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We got to town late on a Saturday and were looking for a quick meal without resorting to fast food and not have to sit through a long wait, so Hog Wild fit the bill. We were seated right away and they had ribs hot and ready to go. They were out of pulled pork, which would've been nice to know before we sat down. The ribs were decent, heavy on the rub and a bit more well done than I would've liked with some tough ends. the baked beans were really good and the slaw was unique to me in that they used a spicy / tangy mustard based dressing. My wife had the brisket loaded baked potato and really enjoyed it. We also had some frickles (fried dill pickles) and they were good, although a little greasy. Overall, its far from the best bbq I've had but its not bad and I'm sure you could do a lot worse.

“Just bad all around.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

On our family vacation we ordered food for 21 last night and nothing was good. We should have driven up to the place in Foley but figured we'd give this place a try. Meat was dry! Beans tasted bland. I dont eat sauce but family said it was the best thing in the bag, lol. Pure flop.

1 Thank KidCreole
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We went there because of Man vs. Food and were VERY disappointed. We were the only ones in there. (which should have clued us in!) The service was horrible...we had two different women due to shift changes and both of them must have been having horrible days. When our order finally got there, all our BBQ was like eating mini bricks...everything was soooo overcooked. Several of the pieces were charred and inedible. We had ribs, brisket, and pulled pork, and ALL of it was horrible. We love our BBQ and couldn't wait to eat here; we actually came before we even checked into our home. So sad.

Visited June 2013