“Very Disappointed”

Hog Wild Beach & BBQ
Ranked #13 of 161 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Established 2014! Locally owned and operated! All food prepared and cooked on site, daily! Come try us out and leave us a review!
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We went there because of Man vs. Food and were VERY disappointed. We were the only ones in there. (which should have clued us in!) The service was horrible...we had two different women due to shift changes and both of them must have been having horrible days. When our order finally got there, all our BBQ was like eating mini bricks...everything was soooo overcooked. Several of the pieces were charred and inedible. We had ribs, brisket, and pulled pork, and ALL of it was horrible. We love our BBQ and couldn't wait to eat here; we actually came before we even checked into our home. So sad.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sue L

“Awesome!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was in gulf shores with my kids for spring break so we decided to eat at Hogwild the food was great and the service was quick I would recommend this place to anyone!! By far the best BBQ I have ever had!!

• Visited April 2013
“New owner!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Has a new owner.. New number as well.. 251-228-2120 fresh food, potatoe salad is awesome!!!!! New items on menu..

• Visited February 2013
“Out of ribs, No Bartender, Slow service.”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Walked in 2pm excited for some southern BBQ. Waitress said pick a seat, looked at a huge tasty drink menu but waitress told me I wouldn't get one because she was not a bartender and she did not know how to make any of their drinks. Okay I'll have water then. Ordered stuff for the kids, wife and I wanted to split the sample platter which has brisket, pulled pork, and RIBS. She took the order and gave it to the cook. At this time 2 tables including us were in the place. 40 minutes later she brings the kids food and tells me they have no ribs. It took 40 minutes to fry cheese sticks, a grilled cheese and make a pulled pork sandwich, then she offered me to substitute more brisket or pulled pork for my ribs. No thanks we will just finish what we had and go somewhere else for ribs. Bottom line a rib joint with no ribs ready at 2pm and the place was empty. A drink menu but no one can make them. Slow service for a meal that should have taken 10 minutes to prep. To her credit she did not charge for the cheese sticks and apologized. I told her she should have told me the ribs were not ready because I wouldn't have ordered the kids food I the first place.

• Visited April 2013
Madison, Alabama
“"Spicy"”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Hog Wild ribs are very good average price. The pulled pork is a little spicy for my taste. I can tell you you will not leave hungry

• Visited March 2013