“Very Challanging on a windy day”

Kiva Dunes Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Stretching 7,092 yards with a U.S.G.A. rating of 73.9 and a slope rating of 132, this spectacular 18-hole golf course meanders through natural sand dunes, lakes and wildlife areas.
Gulf Shores, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Challanging on a windy day”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We played Kiva Dunes on a windy/stormy day which makes it pretty tough. Other than the not so PGA ready score, our experience was great. Make sure you play this one on your next visit.

Visited July 2012

Houston, Texas
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Sandtraps have a whole different meaning!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My beginner golfers were quite challenged on this links course, which, we later learned, has a fantastic reputation in the golfing world. Me? Well, I like to drive the cart and search for misplaced golf balls. However, I was warned to refrain from searching as there are couple of course gators. Yep...I found them! My guys loved the course and have a whole new respect for being able to get a ball out of a deep sand trap or across a large water hole! Good luck!

Visited May 2012
Foley, Alabama
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Torture for your golf score!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

If you want to end up with the worst golf score of your life, play this course! It is beautiful but it is a BEAST! Oh, also, you are looking at a VERY expensive round of golf.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank GulfShoresLocal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Wonderful, patient, golf instructor for beginner golfer.”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My wife and I found Kiva Dunes online and took a chance. I am an average golfer, but my wife had played only 4 times. She was interested, but skeptical about getting a lesson.

Let me say, one hour with Rae has given my wife the passion and confidence to begin to love the game as much as I do. He was able to communicate the fundamentals that has made her want what most folders want...to be better.

We followed the lesson by playing a round. Now she didn't play the whole 18, but she didn't want to quit (she was simply too tired).

The course is an excellent course. Staff was helpful and on site until we finished. I enjoyed the variation in extremely difficult holes and somewhat easy ones. It's hard, but with the right attitude, it won't break down a high handicapper (like me).

Twilight value is good, but can't say more about the instruction. I am sure in short time my wife will have a lower handicap than I do.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“No southern hospitality”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I was not impressed with the service at Kiva Dunes Golf Club. When we pulled up there was not an attendant at the bag drop area, so we just parked and walked to the clubhouse to check in. No big deal - he had just stepped away at the time we pulled up. The guy at the pro shop desk was not friendly at all. We went back to the car and the bag guy rushed to help us load. No instruction on where the practice range or first tee was. We made our way to the practice range and there were no balls. Had to get back in the cart and drive over to the bag guy who had them in little mesh bags but did not offer them when he loaded us. The course itself was really nice. Well maintained. The next day we played at Gulf Shores Golf Club. Loads of service and hospitality at half the price of Kiva Dunes.

Visited June 2012