“The Dog House is GONE!!”
Review of Dog House Grille - CLOSED

Dog House Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Big "O's" Dog House has a sign on the door that they moved 2 doors down. The new name is Big "O's" Grille or something like that. We went there with the grand kids for a good dog and discovered they had moved. So, no big deal right. Now the place is just another restaurant. We had to look very hard at the menu to find a hot dog. We sure will miss the Dog House.
We did not try any of the new menu items.

3  Thank Cadmandan

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I talked my dad, brother, uncle, and grandpa (aka my golfing buddies) into going here for breakfast one day before we hit the links. I had read other great reviews on TripAdvisor, so I thought it would be worth a shot. And it definitely was. We ended up going back the next day for lunch. Everything has that home-made taste, you know the taste you get when the flattop grill never gets cleaned? I LOVE that taste! IT was a very friendly atmosphere too, and I don't remember it being crowded at all either time we went. I think when we had breakfast there, a lot of local guys were drinking coffee and talking before they headed off to work (or for the retired ones, headed off to the golf course). It's that kind of place. Not very big, but homey. I had french toast, bacon and eggs and a cinnamon roll for breakfast. Now, I'm a pretty big guy and can usually tear some breakfast up, but the portions were so generous, i had enough leftovers for a meal at lunch! The next day for lunch I had the chicago dog and an american dog, and they were spot on. I love this place and it has definitely been added to me return-to list this year. Highly recommended!

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We have tried other restaurants for breakfast that have had high ratings on trip advisor but this is the one we keep coming back to day after day. For the second year in a row! Their French toast is yummy but so is everything else we have tried. Prices are higher than fast food but still reasonable.

They are moving to another storefront soon in the same strip of businesses that they are currently in and the name is changing. I think it's going to be Big O's something or other so you may have to look for it.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

What a delightful discovery. We had the Big O special: two hotdogs and fries. I chose the Chicago dog and the chili dog. The wieners were delicious, all-beef with a snap in the bite. Toppings on the Chicago dog were very close to authentic (without the bright green color, but with the relish). The pickle was authentic, the pepper zippy and hot, and the tomato sweet.

The chili was rich and meaty, no beans, just spicy enough. Cheese was melty and tasty. The restaurant is in the process of expanding, which will make it a little more pleasant to eat. Right now you are pretty much sitting on top of the other ten tables.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We always come here for lunch when at the gulf. Sometimes need a change from seafood and this is the spot. Great dogs, burgers, grilled chicken sandwiches, fries. Inexpensive and easy to get to