“Worth the visit!”
Review of Nolan's Restaurant and Lounge - CLOSED

Nolan's Restaurant and Lounge
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nolan's has been serving the Alabama Gulf Coast for over 25 years. We offer fresh hand cut steaks, fresh local seafood, mediterranean dishes and LIVE ENETERTAINMENT six nights week. We have a beautiful Private Dining Room that can accomodate parties of up to 60 guets. Perfect for Rehearsal Dinners, Receptions, Reunions, Office Parties or any other social events. You may also enjoy dining on our beautiful screened in patio, overlooking the lagoon! We are open Monday - Saturday 5pm - until. Live Music begins nightly at 7:30. We look forward to serving you and your guests.
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We wanted more than seafood for dinner and we were not disappointed with our choice.

The steaks were excellent. Cooked to perfection. Service was very attentive. Lovely place for a meal.

We highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Nolan's was recommended by the place we stayed in Gulf Shores. I ordered seafood and my wife was ready to order seafood, also, but our waitress, Robin (who was outstanding), told her the seafood was good but they were known for their steaks and suggested a steak with lumped crabmeat on top to get the best of both worlds. She ordered the choice rib-eye, medium rare, with the crab meat on top. The steak came out well done, so we sent it back. Her second steak was rare, rare, rare. My seafood platter was ok but I've had better, especially for the price. Robin gave us a dessert because of our disappointment and dissatisfaction with the meal. Once again, she was an excellent server and we don't fault her at all.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I am overall satisfied with our visit and optimistic that our large group (28) had a lot to do with the terrible service. I was last to get my food and first to get my check.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We brought good friends to the restaurant. When asked how many they didn't just seat us it became a big rush, they rejected the idea that we wait until both cars had been parked so we could go to our table as a group.Considering the table was only 40 feet or so away it was rude to be rushed in that manner. It did take a good bit of time to get a waiter and then to get our meal. He was reasonably competent but seems to be far less than personable. Only 1 of our 5 kids ate from the childrens menu causing it to be 6 adult choices which certainly can add up. We made sure ALL of the kids knew exactly what they wanted each ordered in quickly with zero fooling around. We spent in excess of $280.00 for our family alone.We were never asked if we wanted more bread or if anyone cared for dessert. Our friends have fewer kids and they were content to order from the kid's menu.We all enjoyed our meals except for our close friend Linda, Her ribeye came out a good ten minutes after the rest of the service and was so tough she asked for A1 sauce. In our group that's a Hail Mary play to avoid delaying the rest of the party. She had also ordered a cocktail that was very poorly made. As we were winding down enjoying our meal they began handing out to go boxes!! As it turned out a group of regulars had asked for the larger table. The bum's rush we received was infuriating and uncalled for. At least half of our time there had been waiting for service. I called 2 days after and spoke with one of the owners I think, she didn't ID herself as manager or owner so ??? She apologised and tried to truly listen when I explained how very upset we had been. The folks at Nolans did send a gift certificate with their apology. We will try the restaurant one more time and then will decide whether it's a keeper or not. I would at this point not recommend them to any of our Friends who travel down for the Gulf or Dog Showing. It's a pity as My fish dish with with a great sauce was very good as was my husband's King Cut Prime Rib

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had no wait to be seated even though there were 12 of us. The service was good but we did have to wait awhile for our order to be taken but the waitress was busy and we had a large group. It was definitely worth the wait. We all ordered something different and it was all great! I highly recommend the stuffed chicken breast, it was AMAZING!