“Romantic and Upscale, but NOT stuffy!”

Nolan's Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #34 of 162 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nolan's has been serving the Alabama Gulf Coast for over 25 years. We offer fresh hand cut steaks, fresh local seafood, mediterranean dishes and LIVE ENETERTAINMENT six nights week. We have a beautiful Private Dining Room that can accomodate parties of up to 60 guets. Perfect for Rehearsal Dinners, Receptions, Reunions, Office Parties or any other social events. You may also enjoy dining on our beautiful screened in patio, overlooking the lagoon! We are open Monday - Saturday 5pm - until. Live Music begins nightly at 7:30. We look forward to serving you and your guests.
Tennessee
“Romantic and Upscale, but NOT stuffy!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

If you want a change of pace from the usual shrimp shacks in town (which are great), try this place. They have many seafood options, but also carry a wide variety of steaks and other dishes. Adult entrees start around $18.00 and top out around $40 or $50, depending on market price at the time for certain seafood dishes such as lobster. Our entrees, the au gratin crab bake and ribeye steak both came with two sides each. With that and four drinks between the two of us, our meal was around $80.00 and well worth the price due to the quiet atmosphere, and not having to wait an hour to get in.
Also, Nolan's is NOT stuffy. They don't allow men to wear sleeveless shirts. It is posted when you walk in, but my husband was wearing khaki shorts and a solid color T-shirt, and I was wearing a sundress (typical vacation wear) and we received excellent service. Upscale without being snobby.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ajohnson42279

Rossville, Kansas
“Elegant yet relaxing”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate here on vacation a couple of weeks ago and was very pleased with it. When we are on the coast or gulf our main desire is for seafood and Nolan's provides some of the best seafood, atmosphere and service in that area. Highly recommend it to anyone staying down there.

Paducah, Kentucky, United States
“Call ahead.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant offers call ahead seating. There were waiting lines all over town, so we called ahead and got seated immediately! The food was very good and so was the service.

• Visited July 2013
Smyrna, Tennessee
“Great food took a long time to get it”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I went to Nolan's for a romantic evening while in Gulf Shores. We walked in and were seated immediately. No wait. Two hour wait at other area restaurants. We ordered calimari for an appetizer. It was fantastic. It wasn't chewy. We ordered our entrees when we ordered our appetizer, but received our entrees 40 minutes after we received the calimari. Our entrees were very tasty. I was very happy that we ate at Nolan's, but the food took way too long to come out. We asked a waitress why the food was taking so long. She said the kitchen was slammed and busy. I thought that was a poor excuse. I had the seafood combo with fish, shrimp, and scallops grilled. It was cooked very well. My wife had stuffed chicken. Her meal was also very tasty. Our bill was $70. We had appetizer, beer, wine, and two entrees. My only complaint was the time waiting on our entrees. I think that was just a one time experience. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that wants good food and doesn't care to pay for it.

NW AR
“Traditional fine dining with a casual crowd.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I worked my way through college as a cook/junior chef, and this is the type of higher end restaurant I used to work at in the late 80s and early 90s. Servers have been there for years, and it's black slacks and white oxfords or tux shirts, but they are friendly and helpful. The menu is made up of fairly traditional dishes with classic sauces: lemon butter sauce, bearnaise, hollandaise, etc. This isn't cutting edge, gourmet fare. The menu is made up primarily of traditional dishes prepared by an experienced chef. When I mentioned a food allergy, our server said she thought there would be a problem and suggested I make a second selection, but she would double-check with their chef on exact ingredients. Sure enough, my first choice was made with an ingredient I couldn't eat (something that couldn't simply be left out). Everything about the night was comfortable, yet formal on their part. For guests, it doesn't get much more formal than no sleeveless shirts for men (and they have shirts at the hostess' stand, for those who forget). I ate with family, so we didn't stay, but we did hear the band get started. The music was good, but I had a feeling the band was holding back (and definitely trying to keep the volume down), while most of the dinner crowd was still there. I had the grilled Ahi tuna, while my wife had crab cakes, and our boys had fried shrimp and chicken. Everything was consistent with the style of restaurant, and it was all well-prepared.
In the end, you'll decide if you want a more traditional or more relaxed dining experience, but we spent less here than we did at two of the highly rated seafood places my wife picked, and the food was as good or better, here. Also, the wait was very short, when there were long lines at all the other places we went by on the way here!

2 Thank NWA_VP