“I wanted it to be great...”

Nolan's Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #36 of 163 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nolan's has been serving the Alabama Gulf Coast for over 25 years. We offer fresh hand cut steaks, fresh local seafood, mediterranean dishes and LIVE ENETERTAINMENT six nights week. We have a beautiful Private Dining Room that can accomodate parties of up to 60 guets. Perfect for Rehearsal Dinners, Receptions, Reunions, Office Parties or any other social events. You may also enjoy dining on our beautiful screened in patio, overlooking the lagoon! We are open Monday - Saturday 5pm - until. Live Music begins nightly at 7:30. We look forward to serving you and your guests.
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We went here while in Gulf Shores and I had really high expectations after reading all the reviews. The waiter encourage the crab au gratin, so I got that and was sad to discover there was very little crab at all. It was basically a creamy dip except nothing to dip in it, I am not sure exactly what the concept of this dish was, are you supposed to eat spoonfuls of cream based dip? My mom had the seafood pasta and said it was good and appeared to be full of fresh seafood. I think it is worth another shot, perhaps I just ordered poorly.

3  Thank DaisyDot24

Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was an awesome dining experience. It was our first time in Gulf Shores & we found Nolan's on Trip Advisor. We were able to leave the kids @ the condo with my mother-in-law & have date night. Food was great, service was great, atmosphere was great! We will definitely return again. Thank you for a great dining experience! Keep it up!

2  Thank maidbf8
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We saved Nolan's for a special birthday celebration during our vacation, so glad we went! Considering it was a celebration meal, we spared no expense and sampled a lot of the menu. The calamari and Oysters Rockefeller were spectacular. My husband said he would return just for the Oysters! Salads were light and delicious, as was the bread served with the meal. Our main dishes were all great. I had the stuffed chicken,daughter had the seafood au gratin and husband had the famous "butt" steak. All was great. The chicken was a large breast wrapped around the cheese filling and wrapped in bacon. There was enough to make 2 full meals for me with the leftovers. The Augratin was so very ooey-gooey! Love that! Thankfully, she shared a few bites, but even a 17 yr old knew she had ordered a great meal for herself. There were some pretty good sized pieces of seafood in a wonderful, cheesy and delicious sauce. The Butt Steak was everything they advertised. We are from Texas, so we know steak, It was tender and the cut was generous, the kitchen prepared it medium rare, just as ordered. It was well marbled and very tender. The sides (baked potatoes) were small, but considering the sizes of all the other dishes, they were all that were needed.

Service was attentive but not intrusive. Our waitress did not know we were celebrating a bday, but treated us as if we were VIPS. The atomosphere is seafood/steakhouse, nice booths and we never felt rushed. Cutest signs for the women's/men's bathrooms that I've ever seen.

Overall, a very nice dining experience that we will definitely return to experience again the next time we visit Gulf Shores.

2  Thank relaxalot2
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Good food, prime rib was done right, i had the tuna and it was very good, and they did a good job on the scallops. Up scale place. Srrvice was a little lacking.

1  Thank benrickbeth
Reviewed August 3, 2012

When I am treating someone to a birthday treat, I take them here. They have a great bar, live music with a dance floor, and a varied menu. The service is good too.