“Great View”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Boardwalk 583

On Site Rental Chairs
View South
On Site Dining
South of Building
409 East Beach Blvd., Gulf Shores, Al.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 17 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
707tonyat
“Family vacation... not toddler friendly!”
Reviewed October 27, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We have 4 children one being a toddler still! This condo was not kid friendly at all! The older children were fine but it was a chore to keep my 2 year old inside. The lock on the door is not childproof and there is no other option to keep a young curious child inside. My husband found him at the elevator once waiting for it to open. It only took him 30 seconds to get to the elevator and push the button to go down, he was gone faster then we could get to the door! I barricaded the door with kitchen chairs at night so that he would have to make a lot of noise to get out in hopes it would wake one of us up first if he did get up. There is also a lot of glass and mirrors in the unit. That isn't ideal for young children either. With that amount of glass there should always be some cleaning materials left to keep up on the finger prints. We have rented several condos in the area and this was the illest stocked kitchens I've had. There are plenty of pots and pans but I would think a set of microwaveable safe plastic dishes would be idea for this kitchen. There also wasn't any of the more common items I've found in other kitchens (salt&pepper, oil, dish soap, etc...). Both bath tubs were dirty. There was so much hair in the drains there is no way the housekeeper properly cleaned the tubs. I went and purchased gloves just to clean the hair from the drains so that we could shower without standing in dirty water. I was also disappointed that the building sets too far back and you can not see the sun set or rise from the balcony.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
dnstar11
Rockvale, Tennessee
“Fall Break 2017”
Reviewed October 9, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

The condo decor, location, and view were beautiful! All the bedroom furniture was nice and the beds slept great. However the condo was disgusting to say the least. We checked in on a Saturday afternoon and finally on Tuesday I received cleaning supplies so that I could mop. This was after calling every single day. I tried to speak with a manager but they would not put me through and I was told a manager would call me back to which they never did. I have pictures of the piles of trash I swept up in the condo and balcony. All three of my kids feet were black just from walking around the condo. Both bath tubs did not drain so while bathing it backed up until you turned the water off. The master bedroom closet doors are not even on the hinge so you cannot use them and it is a safety hazard. The refrigerator shelves and drawers are cracked and don't really work. We were to scared they would break to use half of them. The table outside has a piece of folded up paper under it to keep it from wobbling. Also, if you are looking to cook in a normal size skillet bring your own bc all they have are very small skillets and a whole bunch of pots. I was very disappointed that we spent all this money to stay in a dirty condo. After talking to other condo owners we found out the housekeeping fee is $120. The fee is included and we should not have been charged for that but we cannot get a call back from management. If you read other reviews you will find all of this is a repeated problem among other guests. The condo owners really should take some time to inspect there condo and also find another cleaning service or they will lose customers. Very disappointed!!!!

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Oct 12, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Boardwalk. It is a great condominium closet to shopping, activities, and of course located on the beach! I am so sorry to hear of the problems you had during your stay. I am happy to hear that we were able to rectify the issue while you were in house. Management would be happy to speak with you, and has reached out to do so. We look forward to seeing you again at Boardwalk!

Travelers are raving about these Gulf Shores hotels

melissabX...
“Great View”
Reviewed May 19, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We really enjoyed our stay. The only problem we had was the cleaning service woke us up on check out

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Huntington Arkansas

Indiana
Reviewed March 20, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Recommended for:
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing